Typhoon doesn’t suck anymore!

Get outa mah face!We know that typhoon was given a 3 second daze in the latest PTR build, but what didn’t get recorded was that they actually DID extend how far the person gets knocked back. It’s no longer the wimpy 5-yard knockback that I whined about all Beta testing season.

Typhoon now has a 3 second daze AND knocks things back about 10 yards (coming in 3.1)!

I’m now happy to say that the combined effect of the longer knockback and daze means that typhoon is FINALLY the “get out of my face” maneuver that moonkin been waiting for since Blizzcon!

Moonkin can now knock people off cliffs! Moonkin can now get off roots or cyclone (or maybe even both) before the player or mob can walk back into your face!

Thank you Devs for finally coming up with a version of this spell that actually does what it’s supposed to do!

Now, this isn’t going to fix all of moonkins’ problems, but it’s at least a very good start!

Thanks for catching this Hrothgrath!

Posted in Moonkin Balance DPS, Patch 3.1 WotLK
6 comments on “Typhoon doesn’t suck anymore!
  1. Emma says:

Typhoon doesn’t suck anymore; it actually blows!

But in a good way ;D

2. Josh says:

Hi Lissanna! First time poster thanks to wowinsider.com!

Anyway, I love that have a blog to check now that deals with my main toon! I’m a lvl 78 Moonkin and can’t wait to be 80 and set my eyes on the new T8 sets for druids!

I really do home the Devs at Bliz make these changes for Typhoon. It’s a great spell and works good, but it seems I can’t even get another spell out before the enemy gets right back on me :)

3. Lissanna says:

Josh – the changes are up on the test realm now. It should be fixed when the next patch happens.

4. Birk says:

Aye this is a welcome change, especially the extra 5 yards added.
    Had it only been the 3sec daze it would still be an improvement, but chances are you have some kind of slowing effect on you already, and you would use those 3sec to shift and run a bit to get away. But the extra 5 yd pushes the victim long enough to get out of melee range, and you might be able to actually get a spell off before they’re on you again. Making it easier to conserve some mana by not shifting. Loving this change, and would really like more Moonkin PvP oriented changes in the future, maybe in form of glyphs or like this a general improvement of the actual spell.

5. Josh says:

Sweet! Anyone know when 3.1 is going to be released?

6. Macbook says:

Nice job reporting these changes. Great news for any moonkins trying to get into some PvP, myself included.

I already enjoyed Typhoon in PvP as our real only interrupt (if target wasn’t rooted or anything), so the added distance and daze affect is awesome :)