New non-combat pets of interest for druids in 3.1

For quite some time, you have been able to buy cat pets for a long time to follow you around in cat/travel form. WoW’s anniversary pet gave us a white bear, and now we get more non-combat pets in 3.1 that are similar in style to our shapeshift forms!

New in 3.1 are tree pets and bear pets announced by MMO-champion! For only 40 Champion Seal’s (each), you can have your own pet to match 2 of our shapeshifting forms (still no moonkin pet, though). As of now, it looks like both of these may only be Alliance-side pets, but that they are not currently marked as be BOP, so the horde should be able to buy them off the neutral AH.

The tree form pet is a Teldrassil Sproutling:

teldrassil sproutling

The bear form pet is a baby bear cub:

dun morogh cub

Aren’t they cute?

Also, for moonkin, there may be a plump turkey pet, but I’m not sure where it comes from yet. Not the same as a mini-moonkin… perhaps an owl or one of the other bird pets fits the form matching description better?

There is also a crab pet, if you want a mini-ghostcrawler to follow you around, available from fishing quests… Dang, now I have to learn how to fish.

My goal for this week is to also make sure I have all the dual-spec guides (for leveling or max level) all ready to go for the new patch. At the very least, the patch is probably not coming out tomorrow, which gives us some extra time to prepare for it.

Posted in Patch 3.1 WotLK
6 comments on “New non-combat pets of interest for druids in 3.1
  1. Icedragon says:

Tree form pet! /gushes

DO WANT!

2. Sylly says:

lol! great minds think alike, Lis! As you saw, I posted on this very topic yesterday! Did I mention must…have…baby…tree!!!!?

3. Lykos says:

The moonkin pet is the Wolpertinger.

I mean come on, it has feathery wings and antlers!

4. Keldara says:

A little mini-me tree is awesome! I’m definitely getting that and the little bear cub and will make sure my bf gets the same on his feral ;p

5. Jalindrine says:

Moonkin aren’t pets! SHEESH!!

Don’t pet the moonkin, no matter how furry, cute, and inviting s/he may be. And above all, NEVER rub a ‘kin’s tummy.

For realz.

How well does the baby bear tank? Wonder if we could take down a squirrel.

6. Laura Gallagher says:

My druid really wants some way to set it up so that her pet will match her form – but I can’t find any way to do that. Form shifts and pet summons both trigger the GCD, so I can’t do a straight macro, and I can’d even do a “castsequence” once because the pet summons is a /run not a /cast.

Anybody know if another way to do it?