Okay, so there’s a small new set of patch notes, including the change to innervate that ghostcrawler announced earlier:
- Innervate: This ability has been redesigned to grant 450% of the casting Druid’s base mana pool to the target over 20 seconds. (Full patch notes up on MMO-champion)
- Glyph of Innervate: Has been adjusted to grant the Druid 90% of his or her base mana pool over 20 seconds.
Obviously, the developers decided that a flat non-scaling number at level 80 was the way to go for now.
You should still be able to cast this on other people. Also, it says “base mana” which means it won’t scale with gear. At level 80, it will always restore the exact same amount of mana (about 15,000).
Ghostcrawler posted more comments about the change on the damage dealing forums.
UPDATE: He also posted about it on the healing forums (below is an excerpt from one of his posts):
- Much more mana for PvP druids
- Doesn’t give too much mana in PvE
- Worth using Innervate on paladins, shamans and other non-Spirit based casters
- Scales with level
- Doesn’t scale with gear