This is a list of currently available trinkets that I could find for healing druids. This isn’t a “best in slot list”, but something organized in a way where you can choose what works the best for you. For the moonkin trinket list, please see Gray Matter’s moonkin “best in slot” loot list. I was going to include moonkin in this list, but decided that Graymatter’s layout made that list superior for moonkin deciding what trinkets to use. His list has a more comprehensive list of caster trinkets, since he includes all the ones that are good for moonkin & not for resto.
For resto gear in general, I’m using Averna’s list for non-set pieces at Nerf this Druid. However, Averna avoids including a list of trinkets, so I felt that I wanted to take a look at our options, to see what’s available. There’s also a hard-mode loot list, including only items from hard modes from 10 & 25-man Ulduar that is available on Hots Tree blog.
For resto druids, the trinket options aren’t that plentiful, or necessarily that great overall. We don’t really need the critical strike chance trinkets, since our HOTs can’t crit. So, I’m not including those here at all. There are also ones on this list that are less druid-friendly (such as int, mana/5, etc). So, you are going to have to decide what 2 trinkets you want to use, given what’s available to you.
25-man (heroic) Ulduar options:
- Show of Faith – From Yogg-Saron Hard-Mode. 140 Spell power and a mana regen proc. If you can get this, you should!
- Scale of Fates – From Thorim. 125 spell power and a large haste “On use” effect. I don’t really like the haste bonus that much, but the spell power is good. It’s also most likely something that most 25-man raiders will have access to.
- Pandora’s Plea – From Mimiron. 108 Intellect and a spell power proc. I would take a spirit one or spell power one over this. However, since most of our regen comes from replenishment sources, it’s not as bad of a trinket as some people think.
10-man (Normal) Ulduar options:
- Sif’s Rememberance: From Thorim hard-mode. 110 spell power and a mana regen proc. This is a lesser version of the Show of Faith trinket, which is easier to get (if your guild run 10-mans).
- Meteorite Crystal – From Algalon. 111 intellect, and an “on use” effect that increases spell power. This is similar to pandora’s plea.
- Spark of Hope – From Kologarn. 100 Spirit, and reduced mana cost of spells (between 30 & 40 mana off your spell as a resto druid). The spirit is still useful for resto druids, and the mana cost reduction is really nice. This is one of the trinkets that I use in my healing set.
- Energy Siphon -From Flame Leviathan. 43 Mana/5, and a spell power “use” effect. Not really that great. However, I hear they may be buffing the amount of mana/5 on gear “soon”, so this may become useful in the future (or, it may not…).
Overall, my personal preference is to have one spell power trinket and one mana-regen trinket. I have a spark of hope already, and I’m most likely going to see the Scale of Fates one above the other spell power options. Also, if I missed any trinkets you think are worthy of resto druids, let me know.