Now back to your regularly scheduled blog program

Okay, so it looks like this week’s move to the new hosting site was a success. It looks like everything made it over okay. So, now, if I get featured on wow.com or anywhere, I’m pretty sure I won’t get my blog crashed again (I hope!). I also haven’t seen a virus attack on my site since we scrubbed everything clean on Thursday &  Friday, so hopefully they have moved onto other places in the internet. I have the Avast software now that was originally the one that found the problems, so if it pops up again, I’ll get warning messages.

And now back to Wow:

This weekend, I spent time working on my alliance faction rep, and found out that both the Dwarf and Gnome starting areas give both Ironforge & Gnomeregan reputation (and lots of it!). So, I’m now exalted with everything except Gnomer, and I only need a couple more days worth of Tournament daily quests to hit exalted with them.

Also, why does the druid Tier 9 set have cleavage on the female characters? Seriously? Why would I cover my whole head, neck, & shoulders… just to leave my chest exposed when I go into combat? Who thought that was a good idea? Good thing I can shapeshift to a tree and grow bark on me to prevent a single sword from doing me in. It makes about as much sense as the cloth sets which always go with their mid-sections exposed. Lets just not cover the most vulnerable sections of our body and then charge in against people with guns & bows! Oh… /sigh

1. Posted July 19, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

“Also, why does the druid Tier 9 set have cleavage on the female characters?”

Because men designed it. And now when the druid tier token drops everyone in my raid group will be “FORCE IT ON ICE!! I WANNA SEE BEWBS!!1!” I’m still going to wear a tabard/shirt under it though, just to make the color sets work and avoid the gap at the chest.

/sigh. At least Kal’dorei women have something to show, unlike the shorter races >:}

2. Posted July 19, 2009 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

The boob thing doesn’t shock me anymore, last night I was helping a friend in Heroic Azjol-Nerub because two of their party members left (they failed, and were at last boss and 40g repairs later wanted to finish it). While we waited on one of their friends to join us I was trying on the gear of the people in the party. Naturally they looked all scary and spiffy, and once I put it on I had uber cleavage and my stomach showing.

One of the outfits my friend wore (Warrior, Draenei) was really revealing- looked like she was wearing a swimsuit. She wore a tabard then because sooo many people would whistle or pst her. I’m with Icedragon, I to may rock a shirt or tabard :P

3. Edricson
    Posted July 19, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

From a historic perspective… Leather and Cloth do not provide much protection. Especially from piercing weapons.

In fact, I remember one demonstration… the pig skin provided more resistance than the leather armor that the pig carcass was given to wear.

Posted July 19, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

My time in the SCA taught me about what is realistic or not. However, WoW isn’t always about realistic. :)

5. Posted July 19, 2009 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

Think of it this way: it gives you another stun to use against male enemies. :-)

6. Maor
    Posted July 19, 2009 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

Yeah the druid chest made me go WTF when I saw it. It makes no sense and looks stupid. Of course the whole set itself looks odd. I prefer the T8 I have (hopefully we’ll kill Yogg 10 next week so I can get it).

7. Lgueller
    Posted July 19, 2009 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

On the plus side, you never get to see the armor because we’re always in forms.

Never thought I would see the day I would be happy about that particular fact.

8. Posted July 20, 2009 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

@Lgueller: This is indeed one of my Pro’s in the arguments against GC’s comments about shifting in form where art was concerned. Most of it is freakin’ ugly to begin with and I prefer to NOT show it off, lest I keep the guys in the art department happy…maybe if they drew something worthwhile.

@the post altogether: if cleavage is your worry, then CLEARLY you’re not looking at the head. What’s with the bird mask thing? What, was Robin’s eyemask trademarked so Blizz couldn’t buy the rights?

Posted July 20, 2009 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

Well, Rolling Hots already picked apart the rest of the set better than I could…

10. Watreskell
    Posted July 21, 2009 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

I have not seen the set yet, but let me say that if it shows any skin at all, I approve. That’s right, I like to see pixelly bewbs. I said it.