Raiding progress update in 10-man Ulduar

So, I was able to go to my guild’s 10-man Ulduar this week, where we got down three hardmodes: Deconstructor, Thorim, & Iron Council. I got 2 achievements on Ignis: Stoking the furnace & shattered (I missed shattering an add, so then I had to do 2 in one go, and then got us an achievement out of the mess up). We also got Yogg down, which was the first time for me, along with the “drive me crazy” achievement.

Yogg down

Our 10-man group had gotten down Yogg on 10-man before, but I missed those runs due to scheduling conflicts. They let me pew pew as moonkin for some of the bosses on this run, and then I healed when we needed 3 healers (things like Thorim & Iron council hard modes & Vezax). It was a perfect hybrid’s dream (yay dual specs!), even though my DPS was a lot lower than our full-time damage dealers. My moonkin set is definitely missing something (probably lack of set pieces’ DPS bonus). I think the moonkin DPS buffs in 3.2 are also something that I’m looking forward to, so I can better “hold my own” when I’m called on to deal damage. I also think that since I don’t get to DPS very often, my rotations and timing are just not quite as good as the healing that I’m much better practiced at. It’s really hard to be equally good and equally geared for both your main & off-specs.

Achievements

Coming soon: We still probably have a couple weeks before 3.2 comes out. I’m expecting to have an announcement about the timing of arena seasons ending before the patch actually goes live. However, over the next week or two, I’m going to start taking a look at preparing my leveling guide & healing guide for the 3.2 patch. There aren’t a whole lot of changes needed to adjust for the patch, but I can already tell that they’re both starting to get a bit out of date (there’s always more work to do!).

This entry was posted in Achievements. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted July 28, 2009 at 7:12 am | Permalink

Congratulations!

2. Trazer
    Posted July 28, 2009 at 8:29 am | Permalink

Gratulations!

The dualspec makes us able to do what we originally rolled a druid for – it is pure awesomeness to be able to go pew-pew for Gobbulus if the dps in the raid is low.

3. Posted July 28, 2009 at 8:29 am | Permalink

Grats on the Hardmode kills and achievements. I’m settling into my new guild and we just entered Ulduar so all my knowledge is coming in handy on the fights. On my second week in there with them , we almost got Deconstruct Faster (missed by about 15 seconds) and I’m looking forward to getting some new achievements for them.

4. Posted July 28, 2009 at 10:13 am | Permalink

I’m with you on the offspec moonkinage in Ulduar10. I know my dps would see a large boost with 25-man raid buffs, nevermind how rusty I feel at it, and I have the 2-pc eclipse bonus on my turkey gear!

I’m looking forward to the 3.2 changes, it should make moonkin dualspeccers more viable dps in U10. For now, I just feel like a portable crit aura when I go feathers :)

5. Phorce
    Posted July 28, 2009 at 11:36 am | Permalink

With the travel form now being able to be learned at 16 will this change taking Feral Swiftness in the talent tree at levels 20 & 21?

6. Posted July 28, 2009 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Our raid group got “Shattered” in much the same way. It’s a lovely little achievement to just fall into by accident. :) Grats on Yogg!

7. Posted July 28, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

grats, liss. glad to see you’re definately enjoying the new guild and progressing through ulduar. my guild just pulled up to yogg last week and are still trying to coordinate phase 1… but we’ll get him soon :D

Poras