What if there were FAILchievements?

So, my guild has been working on Yogg-Saron this week. On Thursday we were having a hard time with Phase 1, and so our guild leader would call a wipe. The fastest way to wipe on that was just to spawn more guardians. When we were joking about how high we could get our guardian count, we decided that Blizzard should have an achievement for it. Then, someone else pointed out that achievements were meant for when you did something good – not for when things went horribly wrong.

Thus, someone decided that achievements for doing things extremely bad could be “FAILchievements”. I’m sure that this isn’t really a new thing. However, due to spending a lot of time on Yogg, I was running out of other ideas of things to post…

Here are some ideas of failchievements I’ve come up with during our time playing in Yogg’s room tonight:

• Head in the clouds: Stand in the same green cloud long enough to spawn 2 guardians
  • Spawn More Overlords: Having 25 Guardians alive at the same time on Yogg Phase 1
  • Not the tenticles!: Die go a constrictor tenticle in phase 2 of Yogg
  • Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most: Loose all your sanity and go “insane” on Yogg.
  • Staying Debuffed All Winter: Have 1 of each debuff on you at the same time during Yogg Phase 2

Okay, for some old-school Failchievements:

• Feeling trashy: Have a raid wipe on trash mobs in a raid dungeon
  • Nerf Frogger: Die to the ooze “frogger” in Naxxramas
  • Going down like a rock: Die to the “elevator boss” in SSC
  • Minus 50 DKP: Spawn whelps in Onyxia’s room
  • Need a Breath Mint: Die to Onyxia’s Deep Breath
  • Not Ready: Be AFK for a ready check
  • One Man Down: Have a member of your raid disconnect from the game in the middle of the boss fight
  • What internet: Disconnect during a boss fight

What are some ideas of failchievements you guys can think of?

Because Monday is Funday!

1. Posted July 20, 2009 at 3:33 am | Permalink

Decypher That: Stand in the Blue Circle inside a Green Circle on Iron Council to get the extra DPS …. and die trying.

2. Thommas - Stonemaul
    Posted July 20, 2009 at 4:29 am | Permalink

I beleive there is already an “Insane in the Membrane” or something similar achievement. I’d link it, but I am on my cell phone at work. :P

3. Posted July 20, 2009 at 6:48 am | Permalink

I love these! Very funny…

For some other Ulduar boss FAILchievements:

Engine Light Failure: Die in all 3 different types of vehicles while on Flame Leviathan.

Solid As A Rock: Get 4 or more Fused Armor debuffs from Razorscale during Phase 2.

Hotpot Favorite: Die in Ignis’ pot twice during the same fight. (Yes, this one uses a battle rez! Go druids!)

In My Orbit: Pull 3 or more raid members with Gravity Bomb.

Bear Hug: Die in Kologarn’s Stone Grip twice during the same fight. (Same philosophy as Hotpot Favorite.)

Cat Scratch Fever: Get killed by one of Auriaya’s cats within 5 seconds of the fight beginning.

What Is Nature’s Call?: Killing 2 or more other raid members with Nature’s Fury on Freya.

Squish Goes the Gauntlet: 3 or more raid members dying in the Gauntlet.

Freeze Out: Get frozen by Hodir’s Flash Freeze twice in the same fight.

4. facepaints
    Posted July 20, 2009 at 6:54 am | Permalink

Monday is not a funday :P lol
    Ummm here are just two things that have happened in my guild’s raids before lol
    Glued shoes: Sit through every one of Kolgarns eye beams that targets you
    Two for one: Kill two other people when you die in the bomb frogger in front of Mimiron

5. Posted July 20, 2009 at 7:25 am | Permalink

I Guess We Should Blame You: In a five man instance, die and have all four of your group members die within ten seconds of you.

Watch Where You’re Going!: Die while auto-run is on.

There’s No Excuse for That: Use a weapon on a boss fight which you have less than 75 weapon skill with.

6. Moohtree
    Posted July 20, 2009 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Warriors and feral druid tanks will probably be reminded of some painful times :p

Charge’n Wipe: Charge in to start Kologarn’s encounter
    (you’d fall down and die … and since he wouldn’t have anybody to pick up he’d wipe the raid instantly)

I loves Treeeees !: Constantly wipe the raid on Freya’s trash/elders until the first pack respawns

Da Fail Tank: Forget to be defense capped while pulling a boss and get crit 1 shot at the pull

Ok this one I actually did :
    Wedding Day ! : Eat hateful strikes on patchwerk while wearing a wedding dress instead of your T7.5 chestpiece

7. Erdluf
    Posted July 20, 2009 at 10:37 am | Permalink

Of course some real achievements are the result of fail. This week I pugged and got

A Void Dance: Defeat Zuramat the Obliterator in The Violet Hold on Heroic Difficulty without killing any void sentries. (I think DPS just messed up. I was the healer, it wasn’t my fault).

My first time in OS I died to the first flame wall, resulting in

Heroic: Gonna Go When the Volcano Blows: Defeat Sartharion the Onyx Guardian on Heroic Difficulty without getting hit by Lava Strike.

8. Posted July 20, 2009 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Here’s a few inspired by some chance encounters during my usual gameplay is just that last week:

So You Think You Can(t) Dance?: Have more than five members of your raid die in the movement phase during an encounter with Heigan the Unclean.

Tears for Tier: Have a repair bill on your gear in excess of 50g

/PVPeed On: Get ganked by a member of the opposing faction because your dumb ass forgot to let your post-battleground PVP flag clear before you decided to help guildies out on a group quest, resulting in a group wipe as other members tried to assist you.

This Yo ‘Shroom or Mine?: Steal another group’s spore buff during the Loatheb encounter.

Yeah I’m Free! Free…fallin’!: Accidentally auto-run your character over a fatal ledge in the following areas. -The Aldor Elevator -Tempest Keep -The Nexus -Howling Fjord Cliffs -Storm Peaks

Eat Crit: Successfully argue that heals don’t crit in Trade Chat Title Reward: The Lame.

Ziggy Piggy: Die during a level one Hogger raid encounter. Reward: The Piggy Food Bib (neck, +2 stamina, stat increase only works during the Hogger encounter)

OMG Lootz, Thanx Bai: Successfully ninja an epic item during the final boss of a raid. -10 man -25 man

Eve of Destruction: Successfully steal aggro away from the tank resulting in a raid wipe. Title reward: The Aggro-whore.

I had a few more in my head, but these will suffice…. :P

9. Posted July 20, 2009 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Tears for Tier: Have a repair bill on your gear in excess of 50g

I had a few more in my head, but these will suffice…. :P

10. Siobhann
    Posted July 20, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Friendly Fire: Die to a mind-controlled member of your party or raid.

It’s Cold in Here!: Chain an ice block onto 3 or more people in 10-man or 5 or more people on 25-man KT.

Fire, what Fire?: Die once to every avoidable boss ability with a clearly visible ground effect in Ulduar. (Normal and heroic)

Posted July 20, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

There’s already an insane in the membrane achievement, so I updated that one with a new name. :)

12. Posted July 21, 2009 at 10:01 am | Permalink

Hahaha, you had some good ones in your list. I guess the reason why they don’t have FAILchievements is because people would be wiping their raids to get them, and raid leaders would be very, very frustrated.

GL working on Yogg btw, we finally got him down last week after a lot of work on him. P1 and P3 of that fight are not phases I enjoy.

13. Hope This Helps
    Posted July 21, 2009 at 11:24 am | Permalink

Awesome idea. For a more serious note my guild started hardmode Yogg 10man last night. We only have our DK tank stand in the center next to Sara and have ranged blow up the spawns one at a time. It takes a ton of stress off our healers (shaman/paladin – BEST COMBO lol). Myself and the other ret paladin in the raid off heal during phase one, again to help out the healers. We have a dps feral cat in bear form just to pick up the extra add that might aggro the 9 of us instead of running to the center. Try that out.