So, my guild has been working on Yogg-Saron this week. On Thursday we were having a hard time with Phase 1, and so our guild leader would call a wipe. The fastest way to wipe on that was just to spawn more guardians. When we were joking about how high we could get our guardian count, we decided that Blizzard should have an achievement for it. Then, someone else pointed out that achievements were meant for when you did something good – not for when things went horribly wrong.
Thus, someone decided that achievements for doing things extremely bad could be “FAILchievements”. I’m sure that this isn’t really a new thing. However, due to spending a lot of time on Yogg, I was running out of other ideas of things to post…
Here are some ideas of failchievements I’ve come up with during our time playing in Yogg’s room tonight:
- Head in the clouds: Stand in the same green cloud long enough to spawn 2 guardians
- Spawn More Overlords: Having 25 Guardians alive at the same time on Yogg Phase 1
- Not the tenticles!: Die go a constrictor tenticle in phase 2 of Yogg
- Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most: Loose all your sanity and go “insane” on Yogg.
- Staying Debuffed All Winter: Have 1 of each debuff on you at the same time during Yogg Phase 2
Okay, for some old-school Failchievements:
- Feeling trashy: Have a raid wipe on trash mobs in a raid dungeon
- Nerf Frogger: Die to the ooze “frogger” in Naxxramas
- Going down like a rock: Die to the “elevator boss” in SSC
- Minus 50 DKP: Spawn whelps in Onyxia’s room
- Need a Breath Mint: Die to Onyxia’s Deep Breath
- Not Ready: Be AFK for a ready check
- One Man Down: Have a member of your raid disconnect from the game in the middle of the boss fight
- What internet: Disconnect during a boss fight
What are some ideas of failchievements you guys can think of?
Because Monday is Funday!