Introduction: While I don’t get to attend Blizzcon in person, the live streaming version is the next best thing. The live stream schedule is currently posted: They start coverage at 11:00 am PST (2:00 EST). Opening ceremonies are scheduled to start at 11:30 AM PST, which is 2:30 pm EST. The next interesting event is something called “World of Warcraft Preview Panel”, which starts at 12:30 PST. If they announce a new expansion in the opening ceremonies, I’m expecting this first panel to be one talking about it. The live stream doesn’t have any other scheduled WoW stuff until the WoW class panel is at 5pm, which I may start a new post for if this one gets too long.
Live updates will start here and newer posts will be at the bottom of this thread. Twitter (@restokin) will be making announcements as I update it, so I’ll try not to spam too much.
- 9:45 am PST: Live streaming feed has already started. They are showing video clips from last year’s Blizzcon as filler while we’re waiting for the event to start, along with the older cinematic clips for Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and World of Warcraft. Nothing new yet!
- 10:19 am PST: Even with replaying old clips, I’m already getting some stuttering & freezing in the live internet feed. Lets just hope this doesn’t crash too many times during the event, lol.
- 10:43 PST: Behind the scenes clips showing on live streaming version. Currently showing us inside Blizzard headquarters. Having technical difficulties & showing them getting makeup instead of the clip, lol, then cut to commercials again. I guess it was a little premature…
- 10:51 pst: Had to log into vent to talk to my boyfriend who is on the other side of the room, since I had to put on our noise canceling headphones & the sound is up to loud… Even watching Blizzcon from home is hard work!
- 11:00 PST: Live streaming version up and running now!!!
- 11:05 pm – Wow.com twitter announcing Monk as a playable class for Diablo 3.
- 11:10 pm – On the live stream, during a backstage look at Blizzard headquarters, someone mentioned working on a WoW expansion, but it was pretty vague.
- 11:23 pm – Live stream is showing us the noob toys that people get to buy at Blizzcon. They look pretty cool. Too bad the viewers at home can’t get them.
- 11:30 pm – Opening ceremonies should be starting soon!
- 11:31 pm – Opening ceremonies have begun!
- 11:32 pm – Gary Planter: Joking about Blizzcon Pet peeves. Reminding people to be courteous & mindful of other people, lol. More talking & introductions. 1700 computers at Blizzcon.
- 11:35 pm – Mike Morhaime takes the stage.
- 11:36 – Mike Makes “cataclysmic” joke (everyone “rooting for something cataclysmic to happen”)
- 11:39 – Twice as many people watching Blizzcon from home as there are actually attending.
- 11:40 -Showing memorable moments from Wrath launch & last year’s Blizzcon.
- 11:44 – Mike tries to make jokes about realm transfers. Talks about current WoW features.
- 11:45 – Talks about Faction transfers to mixed boos & cheers. Calls it “flip flopping” as it’s called in politics.
- 11:45 – 5 year launch. Revamping onyxia. First encounter a “setback”
- 11:46 – shipping SC2 this next year & bnet platform. Bnet enhance how we interact with people. Announcing plans. 3:30pm will announce bnet plans.
- 11:46 – Sam Rami – Attended last year’s Blizzcon. Directing Warcraft movie.
- 11:47 – SC2 single player campaign playable at Blizzcon.
- 11:50 – Mike talks about Noobs figures. Jokes about selling them on ebay for the price of a small car.
- 11:50 – Saturday night: ETC, Ozzie, etc. Saturday night.
- 11:52 – /cheer like you mean it
- 11:52 – Chris Metzen takes the stage.
- 11:54 – Chris has a t-shirt on the stage that Blizzard employees will be wearing.
- 11:56 – “Lich king is going to pee his little panties…”
- 11:57 – Diablo players: Working on Diablo III. Monk player class announced. They showed a new cinematic trailer for Diablo 3.
- 12:00 – Gameplay sequence for monk, “so you can see it in action”. It looks awesome.
- 12:03 – New expansion for World of Warcraft announced: “The wait is over”. The first gameplay trailer of the next WoW expansion set. “It’s a doozy.”
- 12:05 – “Nothing less than earth shattering.” “change the face of world of azeroth as you know it:
World of Warcraft Cataclysm Information!!!
- Trailer Clip quotes: “but there can be no peace when the world… is devoured by rage” “and the world will never be the same” “as the elements battle for supremacy… transformed” “ancient lands torn…” “newfound life has also awakened” “At the heart of the ocean, the maelstrom…”
- Goblins become scattered refugees on the lost isles. “In their hour of greatest need, the goblins have found new allies… In the horde”
- Graymaine wall has been shattered. Worgen playable race announced.
- Flying mounts in Azeroth. Level cap 85. Troll druid announced. Deadmines heroic dungeon.
- Archeology secondary skill.
- Deathwing has returned
- 12:15 Mike Morhaime on Direct TV streaming version interview post-opening ceremonies.
- SC2 Beta will start this year.
- Cataclysm may be released in 2010.
- Mike Morhaime borrowed money from his relatives to start the game company that turned into Blizzard (the company was originally called Silicon & Synapse).
12:29 – This thread is already too long. I’m making a new one for the WoW preview panel.