More on typhoon…

New PTR update which should be increasing typhoon’s daze to 6 seconds, in addition to the knockback of 20 yards, according to MMO champion.

So, when you hit people, it will be really awesome. I guess you’ll have to spend more time practicing how to hit them in pvp! Good luck with that. ;)

I’m having a hard time with the patch updater, so I’ll work on trying to play with stuff more over the weekend.

UPDATE: I’m hearing reports from the PTR that the range may be changed back to 36 with a 10 yard knockback. Now with a 6 second daze…

Some people are still asking for it to get tweaked to be a about a 20 yard range with a 15 yard knockback, maybe as something that is more of a compromise. I guess we’ll see how it goes. Since there was such a backlash against decreasing the range to 10 yards, I think that we may have a more final version now (36 range, 10 knockback, 6 sec daze).

1. Posted August 29, 2009 at 8:51 am | Permalink

i dont care what range they give it… as long as they take away the ability for it to knock people off their mounts (or out of bird form, in my case). as much as i love alliance druids “camping” the edge of the landing in dalaran, typhooning any horde that fly out of dalaran, and having their momentum carry them to their death on the crystalsong floor… while the ally druid lands safely inside the sanctuary of dalaran.

Posted August 29, 2009 at 11:42 am | Permalink

ya, but anyone with a knockback spell can do that. :)

3. Posted August 29, 2009 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

well, when it happened to me, combat broke about 100 yards above the ground and i shifted safely into bird form… but, i know several other people who weren’t so lucky.

and yeah, it can happen with any knockback… but only the alliance would utilize it to be douchebags (no offense).

Posted August 29, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

I’m not on a pvp server, so I hadn’t even heard of it before…

5. notTeranin
    Posted August 30, 2009 at 3:13 am | Permalink

Its not just alliance who do it.. there are people in every faction who do so. And why not? If you’re on a pvp server, what do you expect?

6. Lgueller
    Posted August 30, 2009 at 10:48 am | Permalink

The ideal is doing it by the meeting stone for Naxxramas. I’ve knocked more than my share of dirty gnomes right off the edge.

7. Posted August 30, 2009 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

oh, naxx is fine… because you can have full retaliation there. in dalaran, you cant do anything about it beccause of the sanctuary over the city.

8. Posted September 2, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

Uhm, aren’t yalls forgetting the flag post in the center of Eye of the Storm? I’m a resto pvp-er, but for Eye, I ALWAYS go boomer for this very reason…typhooning a Hordie over the cliff into oblivion…IT. IS. AWESOME.

Now we have even MORE of a reason to do it.

*evil grin*

PS – for those Hordie Droods…I do get my share of lambasting over the cliff as well, it is indeed give and take, lol.