Okay, so Blizzard decided to give me a huge birthday present (and I was so excited that I spelled “patch” wrong in the title). I’m updating this thread over the course of the day with all my 3.2 stuff (most of which I have ready to go). So, if you check back later, there will probably be more as I collect all the patch day info.
- Here’s the post where I wrote about 3.2 resto specs. There are a couple builds here where I recommended ways to drop talents to pick up the new (improved) Empowered touch talent. Blizzard wants us to be using nourish a little more, and a 20% healing increase on an already powerful spell is probably worth listening to.
- Here’s my post on 3.2 moonkin damage rotations. As far as I know, moonkin talent builds aren’t really changing, but our rotations are. We’re swapping back and forth between lunar & solar, with refreshing DOTs as needed.
- The new druid cat form graphics are out for both NE & Tauren druids. You can change your hair (or fur) color at a barber shop (Dalaran, stormwind, etc) to change your graphic fur color. There are charts linking the night elf hair color to forms here, and the tauren fur color to forms here. EDIT: OR for an even BETTER cat/bear color chart, see Secret Agent Cat’s blog page.
- Travel form is trainable at level 16 instead of 20. Low level druids should visit their friendly trainer for a special surprise. Regular flying form is also available now at 60 instead of 68 (and there’s all sorts of regular mount changes, too!).
- The feral DPS changes in the patch notes look like a big deal, but they shouldn’t be more than a couple percent reduction (with some estimates as low as 1 to 3% decrease).
- I changed the moonkin leveling strategy a bit, but haven’t yet changed the feral one.
- Innervate is changing again (on a 3 minute cooldown for half the mana, instead of a 6 minute cooldown). With the changes to replenishment, you will want to use it earlier in the fight so that you can get off at least two when you need it. It also means that you can use it on someone else and yourself in the same fight if you time it right, too.
Additional resources (why repeat them if I can link them?):
- The full patchnotes are available on wow.com
- Graylo has some reminders & suggestions for moonkin on the new damage rotation.
- Dreambound druid has a good summary of things changing in the patch for druids.
- Think tank has a feral loot list up for the new content.
- Alison on wow.com also did me a huge favor (even if she didn’t know it) and posted a whole summary for all the druids about things you need to remember for the patch.
- More at Relevart’s Reliquary on the moonkin rotation change.
- Barkskin tree has another healing build.
I’m going to work on expanding this a little more over the day as I can.