Faction Change available early!

I thought this feature would take a while before it was ready to go, but today there’s a new option on our account management pages that say:

Welcome to the Faction Change page! This service lets you change a character’s faction from Alliance to Horde or from Horde to Alliance. A mandatory opposite-faction race change is part of the faction change process, and the full range of customization options offered by the Character Re-Customization service is included as well. Each faction change costs $30.00 USD.

While I don’t plan on changing factions, this is actually a really awesome service. I really didn’t understand how good of an option it was until my recent chat with Naneth of Medivh. His druid had been set on the shelf because he changed factions to play with his friends. He missed playing his druid, but that character was the wrong faction, so he was having to start over from scratch. This new service allows him to not have to choose between his main character and playing with his friends. For a low price of $30, he can have his druid and his friends!

So, for everyone that was anxiously awaiting this service to come out, have fun! It doesn’t seem to come with a server transfer, which might be a bummer  for some people. It also might take a couple days to go through, especially when it’s in high demand. There is a 60 day timer, so you only have to stay that faction a couple months. Since druids only have 2 races, you end up with Night Elf going to Tauren, and Tauren going to Night Elf.

There’s also a disclaimer that the faction change may not be available on some servers (ie. if there are 3/4 of a server as all Alliance, they may not let the few remaining horde turn to alliance on that server).

Posted in Druid - General
10 comments on “Faction Change available early!
  1. Brent says:

I’ve got my Draenei Shaman on my Horde server and in the pending Faction Change queue. I’m not willing to transfer my old main (Druid) to join my new main (Druid :-P) until I’m sure that the bugs have been ironed out. Hopefully the shaman will go well and I’ll be able to see what its like spamming Jezuz Beams everywhere.

2. Reinu says:

I personally think this should be a free of charge service based on numbers to try and balance the Horde VS Alliance…

But I also see that it would be fun to jump the fence to see if its really greener on the other side.

3. Tympanic says:

They’re also going to open a race change option in the future. Although I am sure they won’t open it up for the new races right away when Cataclysm drops, maybe I won’t have to re-roll my druid to Worgen after all.

4. Lissanna says:

I bet they will do free faction changes for some servers in the future to help balance populations. However, I don’t expect that to happen for a pretty long time. I also expect that we won’t be able to change to goblin/worgen until at least 6 months after Cataclysm goes live. They want us to experience the changed Azeroth content, so they want us to go back and re-level.

5. Beruthiel says:

My human warlock is going to become a blood elf!

I am so excited, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought “I wish I could switch factions”.

6. Poras says:

as a tauren, i can tell you that the grass is definately greener, reinu 😀

7. Naneth says:

Just wanted to say that although it took me quite a while longer than it did most for my little button to show up, I am now officially one of the Shu’halo tribe, though I will be keeping my Elvish name and lore in my heart.

I’m so excited to have my Tree back and to get started gearing her up and raiding on her again, and even more excited to be an active member of the Druid community again :)

Elune-adore to any cow folk that might be joining the Alliance as well!

8. Lissanna says:

Congrats Naneth!

9. Berinna>Tauth says:

I never knew this option would be available to us. But now that it is. Berinna(night elf druid female)
    is now Tauth(tauren druid male) it is kool cause now i can play with some of my friends.

10. aramis says:

So my drood is now a cow!

This is awesome. I’m HUGE…and my feral forms are sooo much prettier. LOL.

The only thing I miss…shadowmeld. While the warstomp thing is awesome in PVP, my shadowmeld — on the RARE occasion is worked — kept me from dying on crit heals, lol. I also grew accustomed to winning Alterac Valley…good thing I’m exalted with them and that translated to the other side cause Horde hardly ever wins AV.

I don’t mind the restart on Argent Tourney stuff either (had to start over from aspirant) cause ya know, MORE GOLDZ! Heh.