I have 9 Eyes! Tier 10 gear & set bonuses for all Druids (Updated)

A lot of stuff happened yesterday, with new patch notes, new Tier 10 info, and a lot of other posts & goodies that need to be covered. I’m going to spread out my analysis of the news over a couple days instead of making one big massive post (because this post is big & massive enough already as it is!).

Okay, so first I need to cover how much the helm for Tier 10 disappoints me. I like the rest of the set well enough, and I can deal with the shoulders eating people… but the helm is a little too much. Anytime people complain about the looks of their Tier 10 sets, I’m already saying “But I have NINE EYES!” I would have been okay with the healm if the face plate wasn’t really just 9 bug eyes glowing and starting at me… I’d rather be able to see my actual real face stick out the front… I have to say (yet again), thank Elune we can turn off helm graphics!

Druid_Tier10

Okay! On to the set bonuses!

Resto:

• Druid T10 Restoration 2P Bonus – The healing granted by your Wild Growth spell reduces 0% less over time.
  • Druid T10 Restoration 4P Bonus (Rejuvenation) – Each time your Rejuvenation spell heals a target, it has a 2% chance to jump to a new target at full duration.

I thought Blizzard was going to push us away from spamming rejuv & wild growth. However, it’s quite possible that these set bonuses are going to make us spam rejuv & wild growth even more. In this context, a shorter rejuv makes sense, since more ticks means that the 4-piece bonus becomes a lot more powerful. I’m not sure how the set bonus interacts with the duration increase from Nature’s Splendor. If it takes into account HOT overhealing ticks, then we’ll probably get one rejuv for about every 10 that we cast (though it’ll be really random), and my quick napkin math says it should make up for about half of the rejuv ticks we lost in the nerf. I started a forum discussion on the set bonus here. For the 2-piece bonus, the text should translate to something like: all ticks heal the amount of the first tick, and don’t reduce in powerfulness over time. The Wild Growth bonus is one I’m pretty excited about.

Balance

• UPDATED: Druid T10 Balance 2P Bonus – When you gain Clearcasting from your Omen of Clarity talent, you deal 15% additional Nature and Arcane damage for 6 sec.
  • UPDATED: Druid T10 Balance 4P Bonus - Your critical strikes from Starfire and Wrath cause the target languish for an additional 5% of your spell’s damage over 4 seconds.”

The 2-piece bonus I actually also find disappointing, even if it will be a DPS increase (but Graylo estimates only a 2% increase. First, Omen of Clarity is a talent in the restoration tree & NOT the balance tree, so it feels out of place (even if most moonkin get it). Second, it’s incredibly random. As Boize said on the Moonglade blog, You could get 2 procs close to each other, or you could go 2 minutes without seeing a proc.  There are also non-spells (like crafting) that it procs from more regularly than our actual damage spells, but the duration isn’t really long enough to make use of trying to force it to proc at certain times. It’s an interesting idea, but I don’t very much like it from a conceptual point. Moonkin druids already have too many random forces influencing their damage dealing, and so I tend to be against more randomness in an already random system.

The NEW 4-piece moonkin bonus is somewhat interesting. It looks like crits would be putting up a DOT that ticked for 5% of the damage done over 4 seconds. This would interact very strangely with starfire’s super high crit rate  & would need to stack at least twice to not just continuously over-write the buff without actually having it do any extra damage. They have had other buffs like this need to stack twice to work (I remember a holy paladin HOT proc that had the same problem).

Feral bear/cat

• Druid T10 Feral 2P Bonus – Your Swipe (Bear) and Lacerate abilities deal 20% additional damage and the cost of your Rip ability is reduced by 10 energy.
  • Druid T10 Feral 4P Bonus – Your Enrage ability no longer decreases your armor and instead decreases all damage taken by 12%, and the periodic damage done by your Rake ability can now be a critical strike.

The feral set bonuses are all good bonuses. Bears deal more damage, and get a new defensive cooldown (enrage). Turning Enrage into a defensive cooldown that gives rage & reduces damage done to you is a really nice thing for regular (or emergency) use. Cats will use less energy for rip & get critical strikes from rake. With such a high crit rate for cat druids stacking agility, crits from rake should be a really nice damage boost. My guild’s feral druid (Lauraya) was really happy about the possibility of these feral bonuses. His only complaint was that Enrage would give him yet another button he had to manage for tanking, but if that’s the worst complaint, then I’m sure bear tanks everywhere will be able to handle it (you can doo eeet!).

1. Shadowhisper
    Posted October 8, 2009 at 10:58 am | Permalink

/Jumps up and down!!

Yay Yay Yay! That Feral bonus is soooooooo smexy, idc if its one more button that would be amazing! More dmg and another oh sh*t button sounds like heaven to me! I never feel like I have enough uh oh buttons, not like pallies at least.

Now on the look, do all ¾ specs look like the pic cause um they are kinda ugly… at least the helm, I don’t want to be a bug kthx :D /squish

2. Keldara
    Posted October 8, 2009 at 11:36 am | Permalink

I’m loving those bonuses. That Wild Growth 2P looks really great. As does the 4P one, though 2% might seem kind of low at first glance, but who knows.

As for the looks … Er, I’d almost rather have the antlers from Onyxia. Squish, as the person above me said.

Posted October 8, 2009 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

MMO-champion has another set with blue & green bug-eyes, which look better, but still aren’t that great…

4. Posted October 8, 2009 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Yay for a block of wood with Briarthorn as a head-piece… /sigh

5. Dwarffinator
    Posted October 8, 2009 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Druid sets look way better than hunter sets. At least you don’t look like a friggin rhino :/

6. Posted October 8, 2009 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

I love the Feral bonuses. They are absolutely amazing.

I agree with you on the hat. It’s friggin ugly.

7. Posted October 8, 2009 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

hear hear of the weirdness of the balance set bonuses. if the 2P procced off natures grace it would make more sense and be up a lot more often than OoC

I thought I was missing something obvious with the 4P bonus, as like you I can’t see reducing the cooldown achieving anything at all in terms of dps.

As it stands, goofy looks included unless the raw stats are substantially better I’ll be wearing my T9. rather than spending badges/dkp on T10

Posted October 8, 2009 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

The 4-piece moonkin bonus HAS to be a placeholder, because there is no way that a reduction in that cooldown could be a DPS increase.

9. Posted October 8, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

I’ve already made my excitement known about the T10 Resto bonus, but I’m going to do it here…

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How awesome is that Wildgrowth bonus?! No diminishing ticks! That’s fantastic. Makes up for them added the 6sec cooldown — wow, doesn’t that seem like AGES ago?

The rejuv jump…before I get excited about that, I’d be interested to test it out first…see how much it jumps (meaning, how often it procs) and how much healing is actually done when it does jump to another target (and if the new target actually NEEDED the rejuv).

10. Posted October 8, 2009 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

As I just wrote over at Fluid Druid, I think some may be misinterpreting the 2pc text.

The 0% is (I’m fairly certain) just a placeholder number.

I believe it is misleading at the moment, and that a lot of people are reading it as “The healing granted by your Wild Growth spell reduces by nothing at all over time” (0% over time) – ie, that each tick is the same strength as the first. I don’t think this is correct.

I believe that it will end up saying something like “The healing granted by your Wild Growth spell reduces 3?% less over time.” (3% is just a number I threw in)

Ie – at least this is how I interpret it – “each of your subsequent ticks do 3% more than they used to”.

If it’s not a placeholder, they would have simply worded it as “The healing granted by your Wild Growth spell does not reduce over time” or something to that effect – there’s no need to add a number in there if it is being reduced entirely.

I could be totally wrong and may be making myself look stupid, but I honestly don’t think they will give us a bonus that allows our WG to tick at full strength for the entire duration. Especially not on a 2pc.

11. Posted October 8, 2009 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

Addendum: The arbitrary number COULD be 100% but as above, I don’t think it makes sense to specify a number when you could just say “your WG ticks don’t reduce anymore” or similar.

Posted October 8, 2009 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

Sometimes, Blizzard just has wacky wording… but they kept this “0% less over time” in their healing feedback forum thread…

Posted October 8, 2009 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

Another update:

Druid – Balance
    4 piece bonus – Your critical strikes from Starfire and Wrath cause the target languish for an additional 5% of your spell’s damage over 4 seconds.”

14. Odem
    Posted October 9, 2009 at 4:26 am | Permalink

That is my favourite druid set this expansion as far as looks go. Unlike t9, this has character and isn’t recycled like t7 or half hearted like our cool moon sticker helms + drab robes… very new age druidey in my opinion.

Balance 2pce bonus is awful. Resto and feral 4 peicers are great tho.

15. Scrysis
    Posted October 9, 2009 at 10:21 am | Permalink

Heheh, I thought the same thing about the shoulders, but I kind of like shoulders that look as though they’re going to eat people. As for the helm. . . I would much rather take the helm over dead broccoli form! >_< (It's the only "active" form that doesn't distinguish between horde and alliance, and they're doing the less-used travel-forms over it??)

In all honesty, how many of us actually ever get to see our sets? Never?

The rejuv set bonus is interesting, but the percentage is really rather low for a 4 piece set bonus.

16. Posted October 20, 2009 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

ive always played resto/balance, but finally i am giving into the feral temptation