Preparing for 3.3: Druid Healer survey!

Hey everyone! I’m going to work on my 3.3 healing guide. However, before I do that – I want to get some input from all of you! I’m looking for people who are already level 80 who heal in PvE (either 5-mans or raids).

So, I created a short healer survey designed so that I can compile a little bit of data before I finalize my decisions about what my new healing guide will look like.

I want to keep all the survey responses in one place, so to take my survey, please visit the druid forum post by clicking here!

What I’m looking for is to see how much variability there is in the forum & blog readers likely to read my leveling guide – as well as figuring out what healing styles I should focus on when I write the new guide (ie. if no one answers “tank heal” in my survey, then I should shorten my section on tank healing and focus more on other playstyles).

I’m going to collect info over the next couple days, and then I’ll compile it all and use it to help me revamp my healing guide. I’m not expecting the 3.3 patch to hit before December 8th (though I’ll have something prepared for the 1st if they decide to release it early).

So, go fill out my druid healing forum survey!

Note: I forgot that EU players can’t post on the US forums. If you don’t have access to the US forums, you can post your responses here, that’s ok.

1. Posted November 27, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Posted! Cheers!

2. Posted November 27, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

I do hope that you report the results of your survey on your blog; after filling it out, I am quite interested in seeing how it will go, especially finding out whether anyone answered number five (What heal do you use the least?) with anything other than E (healing touch).

Posted November 27, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

I might write about the results here at some point. You can always just skim the other responses, too. ;)

4. Droodino
    Posted November 27, 2009 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Since I’m an EU player I cant use the US forums to reply.

1. The type of content you expect to heal after patch 3.3 hits: D + 10hc completed, 25 heroic up to anub.

D) Both 25 & 10-man raids.

2. If you plan to raid 10 and/or 25-man raids after patch 3.3, which raid dungeon do you expect to raid most often: _________

D) Icecrown Citadel

3. When healing in a raid, do you usually: ______
    C) Put HOTs on the tank and then focus on healing the raid members.
    Depends entirely on the encounter and setup. When we have our 2 regular pallys I raid heal, if one is unavailable, I tank heal.

4. What heal do you use the most? (if you use healing meters, this would be the heal that makes up the greatest % of your healing done – can choose more than 1). Below is the usual order
    A) Rejuvenation (1)
    B) Lifebloom (5)
    C) Wild growth (2)
    D) Nourish (3)
    E) Healing Touch (6 lol)
    F) Regrowth (4)

6. Do you plan on using the glyph of rapid rejuvenation in 3.3? ________

B) No

7. Do you plan on putting talent points in Celestial focus (from the balance tree) to increase your haste in patch 3.3? NOTE: the new haste soft-cap without CF is ~850. ________
    At the moment I have 612 haste in gear without gemming for it, so I may only need one or two points until ICC gear builds up.
    C) Not sure

8. What gear set(s) do you hope you will acquire after patch 3.3 comes out? (you can select more than one answer) ________
    Cant remember the T10 bonus, (4)T9.25 may be too good to give up
    E) Not sure

9. Do you expect your healing style to change in patch 3.3? _______

B) No

BONUS QUESTIONS:
    What is your current healing style? (Describe)
    Again depends on the encounter. At the moment my guild Rose has a very strong healing team and i’m learning to anticipate targets that are going to need heals or die, (eg warriors target in Faction champs heroic), otherwise its Rejuvination + nourish, and Wild growth + nourish those with the HoT.

Posted November 28, 2009 at 1:38 am | Permalink

I already typed up the first 40+ responses (I <3 Excel spreadsheets). Data is looking really interesting so far!

6. Keldara
    Posted November 28, 2009 at 9:28 am | Permalink

1. The type of content you expect to heal after patch 3.3 hits: D) Both 25 & 10-man raids.

If you plan to raid 10 and/or 25-man raids after patch 3.3, which raid dungeon do you expect to raid most often: D) Icecrown Citadel (10 man to start with probably)

3. When healing in a raid, do you usually: C) Put HOTs on the tank and then focus on healing the raid members. It varies slightly depending on setup and size, but normally I keep Regrowth and Rejuvenation rolling on the tank(s) and raid heal as needed.

4. What heal do you use the most? (if you use healing meters, this would be the heal that makes up the greatest % of your healing done – can choose more than 1): Rejuvenation -> Wild Growth -> Regrowth -> Nourish -> Swiftmend -> Living Seed (kek, I *rarely* use Lifebloom) -> Lifebloom -> Healing Touch (lawls) -> Tranquility (lol) is typically the order of how much I use my heals.

5. What heal do you use the least? (this would be the heal that makes up the lowest % of your healing done – can choose more than 1). Tranquility.

6. Do you plan on using the glyph of rapid rejuvenation in 3.3? D) Sometimes, will swap in & out with another glyph depending on encounter and setup.

7. Do you plan on putting talent points in Celestial focus (from the balance tree) to increase your haste in patch 3.3? C) Not sure. (What would I give up in the resto tree? o_O) Sitting on 573 haste at the moment. *ponders*

8. What gear set(s) do you hope you will acquire after patch 3.3 comes out? (you can select more than one answer): D) At least 2 pieces of tier 10 (Have at least two pieces of the previous tiers, so :P)

9. Do you expect your healing style to change in patch 3.3? B) No.

What is your current healing style?

Tanks: Regrowth and Rejuvenation on tanks. Lifebloom on tanks if they’re taking heavy hits/armor debuffs and alike (think Gormok the Impaler). Usually never go above 1 stack of Lifebloom at any time, it’s used as a buffer for Nourish and a stream of steady incoming heals on the tank(s). If there’s little to no raid damage (basically any other fight than Sapphiron, Hodir, Twin Valkyrs, Ignis, XT HM, Mimiron P4 — you get the idea) I’ll toss out Nourishes on the tanks on top of HOTs.

Raid healing: Typically Rejuvenation (blanket if steady raid damage: Twins, Hodir and etc.) and Wild Growth and topping off with Nourish or Regrowth (topping off only applies when I’m unsure of the other healers’ capabilities aka in PUGs and when someone is about +80% HP or so.)

It’s so very different but still very much the same, sometimes they get a Regrowth, sometimes a Nourish — it’s a decision made on the whim which (usually, unless I panic xD) make sense at the time!

It might be worth noting: the guild I’m has never handed out healing assignments. Granted, we’re not progressing through ToGC25. Only time I’ve felt the *need* to ask was for Anub10hc P3 as we were using two trees (with 4p T9 aka +4k Rej crits) and a holy priest.

Much ranting, grocery shopping is needed!

7. Rompetomp
    Posted November 28, 2009 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

1. D

2. D

3. E – I am usually put on raid-healing; But if I see the Main-tank healer got some problems, I help healing the tank.

4. A & C

5. E

6. C

7. C

8. D

9. B

BONUS QUESTIONS:
    What is your current healing style? (Describe)
    On raidhealing, put as much Rejuvs as possible on damaged targets, trying not to overwrite them, also I’m using regrowth and nourish on the targets if they’re very low (Regrowth / Nourish depends on the HoT’s on the target). Also use Wild Growth whenever it is off cooldown, on spread-out fights, use WG on melee or the tank.

On tankhealing, put most hots on the tank (usually no Lifebloom, but sometimes I still use it, because of the fast ticking HoT.) and Nourish. If tank isn’t in danger and raid is getting damage, Wild growth / Rejuvenation here and there.

8. Posted November 29, 2009 at 4:03 am | Permalink

1. The type of content you expect to heal after patch 3.3 hits: ______
    B) Mostly 10-man raids, little to no 25-mans.

D) Icecrown Citadel

3. When healing in a raid, do you usually: ______
    C) Put HOTs on the tank and then focus on healing the raid members.
    D) Only run 5-mans & don’t run 10 or 25-man raids.

4. What heal do you use the most? (if you use healing meters, this would be the heal that makes up the greatest % of your healing done – can choose more than 1). _______
    A) Rejuvenation
    B) Lifebloom
    C) Wild growth

5. What heal do you use the least? (this would be the heal that makes up the lowest % of your healing done – can choose more than 1). ________
    E) Healing Touch

6. Do you plan on using the glyph of rapid rejuvenation in 3.3? ________
    D) Sometimes, will swap in & out with another glyph depending on encounter.

B) No

D) At least 2 pieces of tier 10

9. Do you expect your healing style to change in patch 3.3? _______
    A) Yes

BONUS QUESTIONS:
    What is your current healing style? (Describe)
    Rejuv. blanketting the raid on AoE heavy encounters or when there’s predictable AE damage coming (like Legion Flames – I usually also cast a Regrowth on the affected then). Otherwise, Regrowth and Rejuv on tank, Nourishes for patching up. If we don’t have a pally, I usually help healing tanks with Lifebloom. Something I’ve been trying is healing the raid with Lifebloom and it’s very mana efficient.

If you chose Yes for #9, how do you think your healing style will change (describe)? ___________
    Until I’ll be soft haste-capped again (which will be pretty fast I think), I’ll just swap between direct heals and HoTs a bit more often and try to organise my GCDs more safely.

9. Gadfium
    Posted November 30, 2009 at 4:59 am | Permalink

Another EU player:
    1. The type of content you expect to heal after patch 3.3 hits: ______
    B) Mostly 10-man raids, little to no 25-mans.

D) Icecrown Citadel

3. When healing in a raid, do you usually: ______
    C) Put HOTs on the tank and then focus on healing the raid members.

A) Rejuvenation

E) Healing Touch

6. Do you plan on using the glyph of rapid rejuvenation in 3.3? ________
    B) No

C) Not sure

D) At least 2 pieces of tier 10

9. Do you expect your healing style to change in patch 3.3? _______
    B) No

10. Posted December 1, 2009 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

I posted my replies for you! :D