What pets & plushies do you want next?

Okay, so the Blizzard store has plushy murlocs, which I just discovered today (sometimes, even I miss things). In one of wow.com’s articles, they wrote about how Tom Chilton hinted about new plushies & in-game pets could be available in the future. In the future, they could also come as package deals where you’d get both the plushie AND the pet.

Murloc

The idea of more wow-related plushies got me thinking.

For a long time, I’ve wanted a plushie Moonkin. Plushie druid forms of all types (bears, cats, moonkin, maybe even trees!)  could be very popular items if Blizzard decided to market them.  However, it might be hard to have mini druids as in-game pets. You could, however, do the moonkin as an “owlbeast” and tame an “owlbeast” in-game pet (ie. different color pallet than the current forms). I would find that an acceptable compromise. Then again, they already have one mini-treeform pet in game already, so they have already set this precedent (mostly because three form has the same model as Darnassus protector trees, just in a different color).

What would you want as a plushie & an in-game pet? It doesn’t have to be druid-related. I just thought it would be fun to think about possible ideas…

1. Cassie
    Posted November 11, 2009 at 3:50 am | Permalink

I want a plush Pandaren monk (we did just get the in-game pet, after all). Also a plush of the upcoming Onyxian whelpling.

2. Perrin
    Posted November 11, 2009 at 4:34 am | Permalink
  3. Posted November 11, 2009 at 4:35 am | Permalink

plushie onyxia… or ragnaros. they’re both staples of the beginning of old-school raiding.

4. Najtrok
    Posted November 11, 2009 at 6:25 am | Permalink

PINK PLUSHY MOONKIN! GIEF PLX Oo

I loved this pinky so much, its my forum avatar and my new facebook picture…. just awesome ;)

Posted November 11, 2009 at 8:50 am | Permalink

It’s not too late to enter to win the hand-made pink plushie moonkin:

6. Posted November 11, 2009 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Between my Skull the Troll, Megatokyo’s Boo, and .Hack// Grunty…. I think my desk could use some more plushie :)

How about a plushie Onyxia or Ragnaros, or Hawkstrider? They’re pretty iconic to WoW.

7. Posted November 11, 2009 at 9:23 am | Permalink

(remembers hawkstriders are basically chocobos…)

8. Posted November 11, 2009 at 9:46 am | Permalink

The Dun Morough Cub is like an in-game bear form pet, and we have a multitude of cats to choose from.

I want a plushie Speedy. Even at the age of 19, I would sleep with him every night, if only for that smile.

Posted November 11, 2009 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

O.o Plushy turtle. I want!

10. Avoria
    Posted November 11, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

I want to see an ingame murloc baby pet that goes with the plushie. I do Oh Noes, the Tadpoles with every toon I take through BT!! I just die of cute at the sounds!

11. Posted November 11, 2009 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

As much as I want a lil KT, I’ve held off on buying the in game pets. It starts off with 2 but how many more will they release? Do I really want to spent $100 bucks and buy 10 in game pets? I don’t know

Sorry to be a downer but I have mixed feelings about the whole concept.

Posted November 11, 2009 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

I don’t care if they cost money… I’ll spend it on ‘em anyway… seriously.

13. Posted November 12, 2009 at 11:30 am | Permalink

They opened the door for microtransactions and if things go well, then I think we can expect to see this become a norm in the game, accessing mounts via in game currency or real world cash. By extension, Blizzard becomes the “gold farmer” under the guise of offering the players with lower playtime access to the same content as those that have higher playtimes. I cry inside.

Posted November 12, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

People have been able to buy the loot Trading game cards off Ebay for a long time. It hasn’t ruined the game yet. In this case, Blizzard just cut out the middle-man that was making a fortune buying cards & reselling them on ebay…

15. Posted November 12, 2009 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Trolls, man. More trolls! Blizz would make so much money off me if there were Troll plushies. x_x

16. Chezza
    Posted November 12, 2009 at 11:34 pm | Permalink

I remember a push in 2007 to get a moonkin plushie. We spammed and bumped the suggestion forums till we got tired of it, a week or two. I think moonkin plushie would be awesome. There was one person who posted one she made, and it looked awesome. But, she wouldn’t make them for profit despite people bugging her in that forum thread.