Okay, so one of the best ways to get to the raiding haste cap for resto druids is to pick up a staff that has a big chunk of haste on it. These types of weapons are good for all resto druids, and everyone should either be getting a staff with haste, or a main hand + off-hand haste combo. Since staves are a lot easier to attain than haste off-hands, I’m going to focus on staves in this loot list. I’d recommend avoiding crit weapons, since crit weapons will likely make it a lot harder to get haste-capped otherwise (getting 100 to 150 haste on a weapon is really helpful!). So, pass all those crit weapons to the other members of your raid, or take ‘em only for your moonkin off-sets once you can get something better.
Here are the haste weapon options for resto druids:
- Dying Light (not yet available) from Blood Queen Lana’thel in ICC 25-man Heroic
- Dying Light (not yet available) from Blood Queen in ICC 25-man Normal
- Mag’Hari Chieftan’s Staff – (not yet available) Sarufang ICC 10-man Heroic
- Mag’Hari Chieftan’s Staff – Sarufang ICC 10-man Normal
There will be an off-hand/main hand pairing that will be good, but it’s not yet available, either. In the 25-man, there are haste off-hands that drops off Sindragosa & Blood Princess. When those are available, then MH/OH pairings become an option. Until then, it’s going to be hard to get haste-capped without a haste staff.
- Enlightenment (H = Illumination)- Darkbane, 10-man Heroic
- Enlightenment (H = Illumination)- Darkbane, 10-man Normal
- Cold Convergence (H = Perdition)- Anub, 10-man Heroic
- Cold Convergence (H =Perdition)- Anub, 10-man Normal
Ulduar staff: (only 1 worthwhile there)
- Lifebinder – Freya, 25-normal
- There is one off-hand with haste from the ICC Heroic 5-man: Shriveled Heart – Halls of Reflection Heroic. If you are going for a MH/OH combo right now, you should go for this off-hand.
- Unspeakable Secret: Pit of Saron Normal.
NOTE: Item level & spell power still matters. You shouldn’t be downgrading from an ilevel 245 weapon to a 200 weapon just for haste. The hope is that you go up (or side-grade) on the item-level of your weapon (and all your gear) to attain the haste, and just lose out on crit.