Okay, so with Cataclysm the next big event on the horizon, I’ve started thinking about what heirloom items I’ll need to buy for leveling up a new Worgen druid. It won’t come out for a long time, but it doesn’t hurt to plan up and save items, especially if you want to level up more than one alt. I always plan things months ahead! While heirlooms won’t scale with us from 80 to 85, they will be helpful for all the new druids that will spring up with the expansion. This list is also helpful now for people who may want to do some NE or Tauren leveling over the next few months.
You’ll want to pick up items for: Chest, Shoulders, and Weapon as the priority. The trinkets are nice for casters, and there’s also a ring you can get from fishing. The trinket isn’t as useful (yet) for cats.
- Dread Pirate Ring: From Kalu’ak Fishing Derby. Okay for cat or caster.
Feral (Cat/Bear) PvE heirlooms:
- Stained Shadowcraft Shoulders – Costs 40 Emblems of Heroism OR 60 Champion’s Seals
- Stained Shadowcraft Tunic - 40 Heroism or 60 Champion’s Seals
- Repurposed Lava Dredger - 65 heroism or 95 Champion’s Seals
Caster (moonkin/resto) PvE heirlooms:
- Preened Ironfeather shoulders – 40 Heroism or 60 Champion’s Seals
- Preened Ironfeather Breastplate - 40 Heroism or 60 Champion’s Seals
- Dignified Headmaster’s Charge – 65 Heroism or 95 Champion’s Seals
- Discerning Eye of the Beast - 50 heroism, 75 champion’s seals
There are also PvP heirlooms you can get from Stonekeeper shards that have resilience on them. The vendor for that is Knight Dameron for the alliance, or Stone Guard Mukar for the horde. These have resilence on them, but also give you the XP bonus. These have shoulders & a caster staff. There is also a resilience PvP heirloom trinket, nice for battlegrounds. So, if you want to PvP level, or don’t mind trading some stats for resilence, these are great options for people who have stone keeper shards to burn.
For Turning Triumph/conquest/valor into Heroism, visit your friendly Money Changer NPC in the dalaran sewers.