There are lots of druid changes in 3.3 (mostly for resto & some for moonkin, only a couple for feral). First, here are the druid-related patch notes AND what they mean to you. After I teach this morning, I’m coming home and spending the rest of the day working on outlining other info you’ll need for the patch. This first post is just the druid-related patch note changes with explanations. I’ll post more (including my 3.3 healing guide!) as the day progresses.
Druid 3.3 changes:
- Rebirth: The cooldown on this spell has been lowered from 20 minutes down to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.(This change means that we can res people twice as often. Yay!)
- Eclipse: This effect will not activate again within 15 seconds of either type of Eclipse effect firing, in addition to the existing 30-second cooldown for each type of Eclipse.
- (Should also be going live: Effect of Eclipse should be buffed to off-set other Eclipse change)
- (they also Nerfed the Tier 8 2-piece set bonus for moonkin, which means you should upgrade to your 4-piece Tier 9 and/or to your Tier 10 set s and not hold onto that now-outdated bonus).
The Eclipse change is breaking the Wise Eclipse addon. This means that you should stop trying to use the Wise Eclipse Addon after the patch hits. You also can’t cancel the aura to be able to re-proc the other type of Eclipse. This won’t effect a lot of players (who aren’t using cancel-aura macros or Wise Eclipse), however they are buffing the Effect of Eclipse to offset the “nerf”.
There is also currently a BUG with Eclipse, where Squawk and Awe (and a lot of other mods) aren’t detecting the Eclipse buff. You will need a new timer mod. Check your mods before going out to raid! ClassTimer combined with ClassTimer Eclipse seems to be the best combo I’ve worked out so far, where they track both the proc & the cooldown. They will eventually fix this bug, so don’t totally freak out (just go download the class timer mods for now).
- Force of Nature: Health on the treants has been increased.
- Pet Avoidance (passive): Now reduces the damage your pets take from area-of-effect damage by 90%, but no longer applies to area-of-effect damage caused by other players. (Treants will have more health and will be less likely to die super fast when you cast them in PvE. Yay!)
- Prowl: This ability no longer has multiple ranks and penalizes movement speed by 30%.
- Predatory Strikes: The Predatory Swiftness buff from this talent now has an 8-second duration.
The prowl change means that Prowl was buffed for lower level druids. Prowl should be unchanged for high level druids. Predatory Swiftness lasts a shorter duration, so you have to use it sooner in your PvP fights.
- Gift of the Earthmother: Redesigned. This talent now increases spell haste by 2/4/6/8/10% and reduces the base global cooldown of Lifebloom by 2/4/6/8/10% instead of its previous effects.
- Rejuvenation: The base duration on all ranks of this spell is now 15 seconds. (They buffed lower ranks, higher rank NOT changed)
- Tranquility: The cooldown on this spell has been reduced to 8 minutes, down from 10 minutes. (not really a big change)
- Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation: This glyph allows for the druid’s haste to reduce the time between the periodic healing effects of Rejuvenation.
The Gift of the Earth Mother change means that you need more haste from gear. See this post for more info on the 3.3 resto druid changes. You may want to change your spec to include Celestial Focus if you have 735 haste (or less), OR if you tend to run 5-man instances and don’t have access to the haste raid buffs.
The glyph of rapid rejuvenation is nice. However, it is better for 5-man and 10-man players than for 25-man raid healers. This is because the shortened time between ticks also means that you can keep it on fewer people (because it shortens the overall duration).
I’ll have more info on the 3.3 resto druid changes (and what it means for you!) in the new version of my healing guide. I should have that posted before the servers come back up (have no fear!).