New Banner art at Restokin!

Okay, so I was finally able to get the new restokin picture to be banner-shaped & uploaded into my theme. Yay!

Ginny (@immamoonkin on twitter) drew the restokin art for me. I introduced her final picture-version in a previous post.

If you haven’t looked at her other art work already, I really recommend that you go look at her deviant art page.

The only thing I did was some copying & pasting to turn it into the banner, which is why the picture part (moonkin sprouting leaves) looks better than the rest of it, lol. All the real credit goes to Ginny for her great artwork. Thanks Ginny!

Posted in Uncategorized
6 comments on “New Banner art at Restokin!
  1. Vidyala says:

Looks great! Congrats on your shiny new banner. (Leafy? Feathery?) 😀

2. Lissanna says:

both leafy AND feathery!

3. Siobhann says:

Love it! The Moonglade backdrop is perfect too.

4. Relevart says:

OMG this reminds me of the Rats of N.I.M.H.! That facial expression is perfect for them!

I love the art, though. Very good!

5. Keeva says:

Can I make a teeny suggestion?

I would move him down just a tad (or trim a tiny bit off the bottom of the banner). Since he has no body it looks like he is floating, so I think it would look good if his forearm was resting on top of the bottom border of the banner, overhanging slightly. It would bring him forward a bit more, which would work well with the slightly blurred Moonglade background.

Maybe throw in a drop shadow for good measure.

(I’m a shameful abuser of drop shadows..)

6. Lissanna says:

@Keeva – Very good point. I was having a hard time getting it to all work right (the original picture is wonderful, but my photo shop skills are lacking). Maybe I’ll take another attempt at it “soon”.

In the polished picture she made for me, the arm sticks out over the side of the background, so it looks more reasonable. I just never figured out how to pull that off with my banner space…