Recap of Twitter answers for druids

There were 2 questions relevant to druids in the latest twitter #blizzchat.

• Q. Is there any ETA on tree / moonkin form graphical update?
    A. Moonkin is hard because Moonkin players are so in love with that form. It’s tough to change it at all. We currently hope to do a new tree form for Cataclysm, but no promises.

I think what moonkin would like more than a complete revamp is just color customizations of the already existing forms. A quick re-color (tied to our hair colors) would be a lot of fun, even if the basic forms weren’t changed for moonkin. Color customization is more important for trees & moonkin, really. More colors, please!

Also, moonkin & tree form (and ALL the forms) need to look different for Worgen & Trolls compared to their NE & Tauren counterparts. Since we won’t likely be able to fight outside of forms as druids, the new races need very distinctly different forms so that the new races can be fun.

• Q. Has there been any thought of changing Eclipse to charges so that Moonkin dps doesn’t suffer so much from moving?
    A. Yes. Expect a major overhaul in Cataclysm that keeps the same basic idea (alternating from Arcane to Nature) but in a way that is more core to the class. Like everything though, there is the risk that we may decide this idea sucks once we see it in action.

This is something I’m super excited to see. I can pretty much promise you that the moonkin players will give you great feedback on anything that you tinker with during Cataclysm testing. We can’t wait to see what the developers ideas are for making moonkin a more fun spec to play! If their first idea for the Eclipse mechanic comes out funky, we’ll do whatever we can to help it work out in the end.  I think moonkin need to see a lot of revamp & change to bring us into a better place in Cataclysm, but that’s what expansion talent revamps are really all about.

I’m glad that they are at least willing to consider fundamentally changing how Eclipse works, which gives me hope that maybe they’ll make the changes necessary to moonkin so that we don’t feel like we’re always an expansion behind everyone else and just trying to play catch-up all the time. I’m really excited to see what may be coming for moonkin in the future. This next expansion will be really fun for moonkin (yes, I can still sound hopeful from time to time).

1. Posted February 26, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

I agree totally. We are trees of life for crying out loud. Why can’t we be green? I’m tired of being stuck in my autumn “clothes”. Everyone else can change how they look, but we’re stuck with it!

The ideas with how Eclipse could change is definitely exciting. I’ve been wracking my brains on how I can increase my dps in raids and I always feel like I’m holding everyone back! Let’s cross our fingers for some positive changes!

2. Posted February 26, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Permalink

Now if only they can let our hair-color be tied to our individual specs. Lord only knows what the blue-hair tree would look like, and I may go for the purple tree instead of the blue one, so it would be nice to be able to have separate colors for separate specs.

3. Posted February 26, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

Moonkin form is awful, sadly it looks like we will not only be stuck with it, but it might not change at all.

4. Uaeko
    Posted February 26, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

Troll Moonkin form = Eagle Boss in ZA.

Make it so!

5. Hamlet
    Posted February 27, 2010 at 12:38 am | Permalink

So basically, we find out nothing new :P .

Posted February 27, 2010 at 12:50 am | Permalink

@Hamlet – Pretty much. lol

7. Posted February 27, 2010 at 1:34 am | Permalink

When trees were first released, I tried to finda way to heal without taking treeform because I thought it was so horrendous. When I wasn’t able to successfully heal without it, I went feral, and leveled a pretty little space goat-priest to heal with instead.

When I rerolled horde, I wasn’t as attached to my cow’s form, and I was raiding alongside rotting undead and hunchbacked trolls so I didn’t feel as weird turning into a grumpy old tree man. I would, however, be very pleased to see some major overhaul to the resto tree form, most preferably including an option for a more feminine style. Grumpy old tree men are not a fun option for a girl’s “I wanna be pretty and heal everyone with sparkly green!” shapeshift.

/pleads with Blizzard designers!

8. Posted February 27, 2010 at 10:13 am | Permalink

I really hope Cataclysm will be Moonkins expansion, or rather where the small annoyances such as too easy to cap stats will be resolved.

Really looking forward to when they release further details of the stats changes and all that, will have to see what they come up with :)

9. Posted February 27, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

That sounds an awful lot like they went in a charge direction. Now wouldn’t it be cool if those charges were placed by Moonfire or IS ticks? Oh holy crap. I think I just had an idea.

10. Kerisa
    Posted March 3, 2010 at 3:46 am | Permalink

I, too, like the design of moonkin form pretty much the way it is, but would love to see some more color options. I’m happy with my cat color and, being a caster druid, almost never use my bear form, so I didn’t feel the need to change my fur color when the new cat/bear forms debuted — but if Blizz were to roll out a set of color options for moonkin form similar to the color options for cat & bear, I would totally give some serious thought to changing my color!

@Kae — ditto on wanting a more feminine option for tree form… maybe something like the tree ladies in the Vibrant Glade in Howling Fjord?