So, with the Ruby Sanctum normal-mode gear released, we can take a look at the gear which drops from the Ruby Sanctum. Some of the caster leather & accessories would be good, and some may not be upgrades for druids. Lets take a look.
First, lets look at things that would appeal to BOTH resto & moonkin:
- The Phaseshifter’s Bracers are bracers from 25-man, with both haste & crit.
- The Cloak of Burning Dusk is a cloak from 25-man, with both haste & crit.
- Changeling Gloves are from 10-man, and have haste/crit. However, you will probably want to wear the ICC set pieces over these gloves.
Potential Resto healing gear:
- Glowing Twilight Scale – Trinket from 25-man. The Use-effect only works with direct heals, so it’s not super useful with the current HOT-based style of healing that druids focus on. However, if 4.0 brings more direct healing spells into druids’ use, the trinket might increase in usefulness. At this point, I would pass over it (though you could theoretically time when to use direct heals to benefit from it).
- Abduction’s cover – Cloak from 10-man. Has haste & mana/5. Not the best resto cloak, but you could use it if you didn’t have access to something better.
Potential Moonkin loot:
- Charred Twilight Scale – A haste trinket with a spell damage proc. Right now, the haste is probably not that great for moonkin. However, if our desire for haste changes with the 4.0 patch, this trinket may be a good way to get a quick haste boost at that point. Until we know more about the 4.0 content patch, I would hold off on picking it up – especially if your haste is already causing a lot of wrath global cool down clipping.
That’s what we’ve got so far. Not a lot of things to look forward to, but there’s really only one boss, right? It’s nice to see all the haste/crit gear, for sure!