With the Elune server having hardware upgrades Tuesday, for all day Tuesday, along with lots of the other servers, I have a whole day where I can’t log onto my main to play.
That means today’s post is the top 10 things to do when your server is going to be down for 24 hours:
10. Catch up on all the chores you didn’t do over the weekend. I think my turtle tank needs cleaning…
9. Go outside and enjoy nature. If it’s not too hot, maybe I’ll take a walk. Or, maybe not.
8. Hang out on the forums instead of the game. That’s where I spend all my time, anyway!
7. Log into twitter and cry to your friends about how the forums are down, too, because it’s a Tuesday.
6. Try to do actual real work… maybe? Okay, maybe not. I can keep looking at possible wedding stuff, which I’ve been doing a lot of lately. *giggle* Oh wait, I mean “work on my dissertation”, yes that’s right.
5. Play on your second MMO (you know, the one you normally play on Tuesday maintenance, lol). My 2nd MMO is Lord of the Rings Online. I don’t play it very much and I’m really looking forward to it going Free to Play so that I don’t have to keep up a subscription for it.
4. Go hang out with friends on Tuesday night! I have a group of friends that I usually hang out with on Tuesday nights since it’s not a night my guild raids.
3. Read about the Ruby Sanctum raid and hope that it will get released soon, so that we’ll have more new stuff to do!
2. Read blogs! There are always lots of fun blog posts to get caught up on! You can also read class guides, and look into information about other classes that you don’t normally play.
1. Make an alt on a server that comes up earlier than yours, since not all of the servers will be down at night; and the people who have servers that are still up should suffer by having overcrowding, right? It would also allow you to apply all the knowledge you learned while reading blogs about other classes before the alt server came up from normal maintenance!
For everyone whose servers aren’t getting the extended maintenance, it’s still nice to have backup plans for if people come and make your server unplayable anyway, right?