Cata Beta: New guild UI!

They finally put the new Guild UI into Beta. Here are some pictures:

You are able to see the guild perks, upcoming events from the in-game calendar, and you can now see the professions of everyone in the guild. It’s pretty nice! I didn’t show a shot of the actual guild roster page, since it would’ve been mostly blacked out due to not wanting to actually show everyone’s names. However, this should give you a feel for how neat the guild UI is going to be in Cataclysm!

This entry was posted in Cataclysm. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted July 23, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

I was amped up before for these guild changes when they were in the concept phase, but seeing it as reality (albeit in beta) is exciting! Thanks for sharing these screenshots!

2. Posted July 23, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Oh thank you for taking time out of beta to post this! It looks hawt.

3. Posted July 23, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

100,000,000 exp to get to level 1?

Ouch, I’ve got a feeling these things are going to take a lot longer than people had thought.

Posted July 23, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Actually, it looks like we hit level 3 in 1 day already… so it’s going pretty fast. I just uploaded one more shot of what it looks like right now. The first set of pictures were from last night when I logged in.

• Posted July 24, 2010 at 11:33 am | Permalink

How many people are in the guild? I’m curious to know how many people have been contributing to the advancement of the guild since you already hit level 3 in a day.

Thanks for putting up all the pictures :)

Posted July 24, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Well, now we’ve stalled at level 3 for a while. I think the first 3 might just be super easy to get. We only have 10 or 20 active people logged in at any one point in time…

There should be limits on how much we can progress in a single day, however there may still be bugs in the system that Blizzard will need to work out.

Posted July 24, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

Oh, it’s also possible that the UI and such is buggy, so it’s hard to know quite how it’ll work a few months from now when it goes live.

4. Posted July 23, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

This is one of the things that I am particularly looking forward to in the expansion. The guild UI has needed a massive overhaul, and I’m so glad they’re doing it.

How great is it to see who all the enchanters are, and *where* they are? No more “any enchanters online?” Great change.

5. Bailey
    Posted July 24, 2010 at 12:02 am | Permalink

Will perks be available to alts?

For example, if I have all the perks on my main, can I create a new char and buy “Fast Track rank 2″ immediately?

Posted July 24, 2010 at 12:51 am | Permalink

The neat thing that I showed in the extra picture I uploaded was that the 3 perks showed up on the UI without me having to actually do anything. At that point, my reputation with the guild was 0, and I had contributed nothing to the leveling up at that point (though since then I have gotten some rep through questing). You get that set of perks just for being in the guild. There are other things you have to buy (actual items), but that set of perks is for everyone.

As the guild leveling progresses, and my leveling progresses, I’ll update with more pictures of what the UI looks like as we go along. ;)

6. Lauraya
    Posted July 24, 2010 at 1:22 am | Permalink

This stuff is really exciting!

So, you can be Neutral with your guild. That implies that one can be Hated as well. Or are we to assume that everyone not in the guild is sub-neutral in standing?

Posted July 24, 2010 at 1:32 am | Permalink

I don’t think you can declare war with your guild.

7. Posted July 24, 2010 at 7:23 am | Permalink

I like what I see. Thanks for posting this.

8. Posted July 24, 2010 at 10:53 am | Permalink

This is very cool stuff, I am really digging the new UI

9. scaresome
    Posted July 24, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

These are so great, thanks.

I kinda thought there would be a talent tree too.

Woot, c’mon cata!

10. Posted July 24, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

One of the interesting things I noticed is with the professions, they changes the number from 450 to 4500. Are they balancing the number of levels increased being based on how many items you use to make it versus how long it takes to get a max level profession. Or are those just place holders and it will be normal increases.

11. Terryhogan
    Posted July 26, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Thanks for sharing this. It will definitely reward the guilds that are tight and stick together. My favorite part of this is *maybe* I won’t get gkicked every other week now. =P

-Terryhogan