So, I started writing posts about how all the various talent trees should be changed. However, I ended up with huge walls of text that didn’t make sense and weren’t going to be fun to read. So, I found the war-tools website that allows us to create our own talent trees. So, instead of a lot of explaining, I can “show” the direction I’d like our talent trees to head in. After a couple of hours building the talent trees, I have something that I like a little better than the current Beta version of the trees.
So, for comparison purposes, (build 12479 – REMOVED) version of the talent trees.
Now, CLICK HERE for my newer version of the talent calculator that I created based on the above talent trees, with more points and “bloat” added to increase the probability of having to actually choose.
Here are the proposed changes that I made to the current Beta tree:
Balance talent proposed changes:
- Tier 1 – Genesis moved to the resto tree. Replaced with Nature’s Majesty
- Tier 2 – Added Nature’s splendor. Reduced lunar justice to 2 points
- Tier 3 – Removed imp eclipse, replaced with Lunar Guidance. Moonkin form in place of starsurge (starsurge learned at level 10).
- Tier 4 – Removed lunar guidance, replaced with Owlkin Frenzy.
- Tier 5 – Removed owlkin frenzy, replaced with Earth & Moon, with E&M’s personal effect including Vengeance crit damage increase (not sure what is happening with spell crit damage).
Feral talent proposed changes:
- Tier 1 – Added Furor to the feral talent tree.
- Tier 2 – added reduced prowl detection to feral swiftness
- Tier 3 – changed Imp Feral charge to require feral charge
- Tier 5 – added the reduced chance to be hit with melee attacks to natural reaction
- (Rend & tear in my calculator is supposed to be 3 talent points, not 5).
In addition, Honorless made a feral talent tree here that would be stronger than what I have for the various talent tiers that I wanted to bring attention to (except that he didn’t move Furor).
Resto talent proposed changes:
- Tier 1 – Added genesis, with genesis increasing bleed damage, as well. Something else needs to be added to natural shapeshifter, too, but I’m not sure what to do with it.
- Tier 2 – Added Master Shapeshifter. Added Naturalist. Removed imp rejuv.
- Tier 5 – Removed swiftmend (learned at 10), removed natural perfection. Added wild growth, added gift of the earth mother.
- Tier 6 – Added natural perfection. Removed wild growth.
- Tree form – changed lifebloom effect to reduce damage taken by 10% instead of the currently useless bonus (which applies 2 stacks of lifebloom instead of 1).