What happens when I take a day off

So, I attend most of my guild’s raids, both our 10-man and our 25-man raids. I hate taking nights off of raids, and I even raided on my birthday just to be able to not miss a raid.

However, one of my friends recently graduated with her PhD from grad school, and was moving with her husband out of town. Due to the craziness that is packing & moving, the Sunday “lunch” we were supposed to have turned into dinner, and started late enough that I had to miss a raid last night. However, I made sure that the group could continue without me, and filled the spot, and then I came home to see my guild celebrating, because while I was gone…

my guild killed the Lich King on 10-man (normal) for the first time! Congrats Conspiracy, I’m sorry I couldn’t make it for the kill! I had someone send me a screenshot, so I could still document their boss kill.

Congrats guys!

If that’s what happens when I take a day off, maybe I need to take a day off our 25-man some time so we can get that boss kill, too… Right? Oh, maybe that’s not really how it works.

The bummer is that I can’t make it to next week’s 10-man run, either, since I’m out of town next weekend. However, by the time I come back, I’m sure they’ll have downed many heroic bosses & such. I guess I can get my kill when I’m able to run 10’s again later this month. By then, they’ll be LK slaying experts, lol.

This entry was posted in Achievements. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted August 9, 2010 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Very big congratulations! :)

2. Tralia
    Posted August 9, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

Gratz to yall. Were a small guild and he’s all weve had left for a while. One of these days well get him ( or be smart enough to extend a raid lock so we get lots more attempts )

3. Wharep
    Posted August 9, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

Well, congrats to you all then:)
    You’ll get him eventually, but it really sucks to miss first kills like that – good thing you still got LK hc^^

4. Posted August 9, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

Congrats to your guild! I love how so many of them actually use their guild tabards. And don’t worry, you’ll kill LK soon enough, everything happens for a reason.

5. Alyz
    Posted August 10, 2010 at 4:10 am | Permalink

Jeez…that sucks! Being there every night and just the one night you’re not they got a first kill >.<.
    Anyways, congratulations :).

6. Posted August 10, 2010 at 11:49 am | Permalink

it happens to all of us ones I’d say :) big big gratz!

7. Tralia
    Posted August 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

On another note that is exactly what our guild tabard looks like too. Kinda a gimme with the guild name lol