We like the shaman version. The druid one is problematic for a couple of reasons. Conceptually, a hot is often the last thing you think of putting on someone who is grievously wounded. Second, at the moment the bonus is only calculated on the initial application and not the ticks. If we can fix that problem, then the druid mastery would be better. It’s also possible we’ll just redesign it.
So, it is possible we may get a new mastery before Cataclysm goes live (/happy tree dance). This also means that the developers are listening & paying attention to resto druids’ needs & concerns (which I need to emphasize for the community), and that we haven’t quite ran out of time yet to get things fixed.
UPDATE: here’s another new blue post that GC posted after my blog post (apparently, I posted too soon. This is more than I ever hoped, dreamed, or asked for previously, and is SUPER AWESOME:
New Resto druid mastery: Increases the potency of your heals on targets upon which you have a hot.
It benefits both hots and direct heals equally while still supporting Resto being a healer that cares a lot about hots. It encourages layering different spells while disincentivizing Rejuv blanketing.
1) You cast Regrowth on someone who has a Rejuv = bonus healing.
2) You cast Nourish on someone who has a Lifebloom = bonus healing.
3) You Swiftmend a Rejuv = bonus healing.
4) You cast a Rejuv on someone who does not have a Regrowth, LB or WG on them = no bonus healing.
5) You cast Rejuv on someone who has a Rejuv = no bonus healing. (You merely refreshed Rejuv.)
6) You cast a Wild Growth = bonus healing on those with preexisting hots.
I think this is going to work out to fix what I’ve really been concerned about – the synergy of our spells working together in a healing style that makes sense (where we want to weave together HOTs & direct heals). It’s better than anything I’d asked for previously. I LOVE IT.
Your HOTs will buff the healing done by direct heals, but will ALSO buff the healing done by your other HOTs (ie. your tank has lifebloom on them, and you cast a rejuv – your rejuv now gets buffed).