Druid glyphs now on Beta

I’m going to scoop MMO-champion by posting the druid beta glyphs before they do.

You can find the full list of glyphs by clicking on this link. (the list was so long that I made a separate page on this site that I can keep updated instead of embedding them in this post).

They have been split into prime, major, & minor glyphs. Note that this list probably isn’t final.

Some Prime  highlights are: The Wrath glyph (Your wrath does 10% more damage to targets afflicted by insect swarm), and starsurge (when starsurge deals damage, it reduces the cooldown on starfall by 5 sec). Lifebloom glyph now increases it’s crit chance by 20%.

The winner for most confusing prime: Regrowth glyph (Regrowth HOT will automatically refresh it’s duration on targets at or below 25% health). I’m not even really sure what that means.

Major glyph highlights: Thorns reduces it’s cooldown by 20 sec, Roots (reduces the cast time of roots by 100%) go moonkin PvP!, and healing touch (each HT reduces the cooldown on Nature’s Swiftness by 5 sec)

So, go see the full list now. I’ve marked which ones haven’t changed with the word (unchanged), but I still kept a brief description of the effect so you could remember what it does now.

Also, regarding the new glyph system: there are 3 prime, 3 major, and 3 minor glyph slots total at max level. The UI looks like this:

Also, it was brought to my attention that bears actually don’t have prime glyphs for tanking (with only 2 prime glyphs even being useable in bear form, 1 of which is mangle’s DPS increase glyph). They obviously need to add in more glyphs in some places, so this is really just a first pass at them.

Posted in Cataclysm, Druid - General, Feral Bear tanking, Feral DPS Cat, Moonkin Balance DPS, Restoration Healing Trees
12 comments on “Druid glyphs now on Beta
  1. Nimizar says:

Assuming what you have on the other page is what the Regrowth glyph actually says (rather than the paraphrase in the blog post), I take it to mean “your Regrowth HoT will not expire until the target has at least 25% health”. 25% still seems too close to death to rely on a HoT to bring someone back up rather than hitting them with more direct heals, so I’m not sure how competitive it would really be compared to the Swiftmend, Lifebloom and Rejuv glyphs. Then again, in combination with the Resto druid mastery, it could just mean some crazily effective Regrowths in bringing people back from the brink of death.

Also… instant Entangling Roots! O.O
    Hurricane snare!
    Turning frenzied regen from a self-heal to a healer assistance CD is interesting
    And with the Prime glyphs moving the mandatory abilities out of the way, things like the full health Rebirth become far more viable as well.

Add in the ability to switch glyphs easily between fights and I’m really liking the look of how the new glyph system may pan out.

• Lissanna says:

I typed (mostly) word for word in the main glyph listing page. I changed the wording in this post to more accurately reflect what it is going to do.

I think the regrowth one is dumb because regrowth is what I cast on targets below 25% in the first place.

• Ben says:

I think the important thing with the regrowth glyph is that the damage could happen AFTER the cast and it would still trigger. So this could be really useful in in the “massive sudden raid aoe” situation, like stinky/precious decimates if you load up the raid with regrowth hots before hand. Even if someone only has one tick left, the glyph would cause it to refresh and probably end up doing a lot of healing.

Sure, it won’t always be optimal, but since we’ll be able to switch out glyphs much more easily, but I can definitely see it getting used.

• Shabada says:

The problem with what you just said is that (I think, don’t hit me if I’m wrong) regrowth is a 2.5 second cast and the regrowth HoT lasts for 6 seconds. So you’d only get about 2-3 out before your hot ran out on a target and the AoE happened.

I don’t really see where the regrowth glyph will be useful but I’m sure we’ll find a cute little encounter where it’s useful.

2. Moonra says:

ty ty ty ty ty for the post :)

I believe the Regrowth one means that the HoT is infinite as long as the target is below 25% hp (for those critical tank “OMFG” moments, or just an extra for raidhealing)

3. Dr. Cynicism says:

Sweeet… some of these look good! I’m sure they’ll fiddle around with them for quite a while until release though.

4. Erdluf says:

Here you say 20% for Thorns. In the list you say 20 seconds. That is a big difference for a 45s? cooldown.

Thanks for the list.

5. Xanthippe says:

Do you think the resto mastery would be acceptable if it updated before each tick rather than having to apply the hot when health is low?

• Lissanna says:

No, but I’m working right now on a blog post with #’s as to why I don’t think it’s going to work if it requires scaling off HP in the first place.