“No boom today, boom tomorrow, always boom tomorrow.”
Okay, so a couple days ago, I posted a list of stuff I needed to get done before Cataclysm’s release. Since today isn’t patch day, I thought I would update you all on my progress:
- I finished the “preparing for resto” update for getting ready for 4.0.1, and followed it up with a “preparing for moonkin” update for 4.0.1. This should get you caster druids all ready to go. I’m still following mmo-champion’s prediction for a patch on October 12th, which would give you one more week to make sure that you ARE prepared.
- My healing guide has a completed first draft. I released a preview link on twitter (from @restokin), for my twitter followers. I will be making edits and will have the whole thing ready to go by this weekend and will post links and such on the blog directly when I feel that it’s closer to it’s “release” version. Keep in mind that things are always “subject to change”, and that my guides will be getting daily or weekly edits for the next couple of months (for example – it is likely to go Live without a lot of links, and links will get added in after release, since links tend to break on patch day 90% of the time). The version right now doesn’t have talent specs yet because I don’t feel that the talents are final, and every time they change something, talent calculator links break (*grumbles*).
- For the leveling guide – I released a preview of the feral leveling talents on the WoW forums last week. You can find the feral leveling preview post here. The rest of the leveling guide has been started but isn’t yet ready for preview. Leveling stuff will be released on patch day. I also wrote up information about feral abilities from 8 (when cat is released) to level 30 to help people who are starting out new alts figure out their abilities. Patch day will mostly just have talent info, with most of the guide likely to be posted as “coming soon” even after patch day.
- Forum guide posting stuff won’t happen until release day for 4.0.1, because I have to paste the new text into the old threads (and then when they release the new forums, I get to start new threads).
- They just announced the BlizzCon panel info, with the class Q&A panel being held on Saturday. I won’t be able to attend in person (too busy & poor), but I will be watching it from the comfort of home with our new Direct TV system.
An update on the podcast with Raid Warning: We will be recording this weekend, with the finished podcast available for download hopefully on October 12th (if 4.0.1 is released that day, it may give you something to do while waiting for the servers to come back up and not be broken, lol). They originally postponed it by a week because organizing was taking longer than expected. However, it looks like we’re doing it this weekend for sure.
More of their info is available on Raid Warning’s website, along with a list of people who will be recording the podcast (including me, of course!). I think it is a pretty exciting lineup, and I’ll probably geek-out about the show as much as the rest of you. 🙂
Submit your questions for Shift Happens via email (email@example.com) or call The Raid Warning Rant Line at 707-602-RANT (7268)
I’ll let you know when the final version of the podcast is available for download.
So, there are a lot of exciting things going on over the next couple of weeks, with the 4.0.1 patch coming “soon”, and Cataclysm’s release date finally confirmed as December 7th!