So, the great Cataclysm is upon us. With the 4.0.3a patch (likely happening on Tuesday patch day), our talents are all reset and we have to change up our talent specs. In addition, Beta ended today, so that means there won’t likely be any major class changes on December 7th.
I will be posting revamped leveling & healing guide info some time on Tuesday (likely before the servers come up).
Why are our druid talent trees reset?
- This reset happened because 2 talents in the druid Restoration Tree were reduced in point cost: Revitalize is now 2 points (down from 3) & Swift Rejuv is now 1 point (down from 2).
- No point cost changes were made to feral or moonkin talents.
- There were other changes made to druid talents & abilities, that you can read on MMO-champion.
- The changes on MMO-champion shouldn’t really effect resto druids at level 80, other than the talent changes, since they were mainly done to either fix bugs or keep level 85 healing balanced.
New level 80 resto builds:
- This Resto build (2/3/31) is the one I’ll pick up at 80, which is the build I’ll start with for leveling to 85. If the link breaks, it looks like this:
You may find, however, that a different build will work for min-maxing ICC purposes. You are welcome to make whatever modifications to this “base” build you think will work best for you at level 80. However, I have a set of level 85 builds that use this as a starting template, so this is currently my recommended level 80 build. I’ll be adding the level 85 builds to my resto guide “soon”.
New tree form graphics (Via MMO-champion). If you don’t like the new tree form graphic, however, there is a minor glyph that will turn your tree form cooldown into the old treant graphic (Races in order of the picture: Night Elf, Troll, Worgen, & Tauren).
Finally, Bear tanking will be FINE after patch day. The MMO-champion notes makes it look like bears are taking a hit, but the problem was that they used to be Overpowered at level 85, and the changes make them more equal to other classes. If you whine about bear nerfs on the forums, Reesi will /waffle you and chase you out of the forums (link updated).
(also, as usual – please feel free to comment, but don’t be shocked if comments take a while to load, since I’m preparing the blog to take a heavy hit on patch-day. I’ll do whatever performance-increasing things I need to do to keep restokin running smooth).