Trees can dance if you want to…

So, 4.0.6 had two incredibly awesome buffs that aren’t really documented anywhere.

First, when I got bored in an instance, I shifted into tree and hit /dance. To my surprise, it actually DANCED!

Tree form also has an “idle” animation (ie. what tree does while you are not casting):

Also, after weeks of flight training, I’m also happy to report that my baby moonkin pet has taken to the air!

That said, I’m not sure what other animations tree form has or what other goodies may have shown up in 4.0.6.

1. Posted February 12, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

In addition to the /dance, I’ve found a /cry, a real sit, a /sleep, and a /laugh. There might be a few more that I haven’t thought to test yet.

2. KoleBigEars
    Posted February 12, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

I still hate those ugly trees (dead broccoli for life!!) but the baby moonkin learning to fly has MADE MY DAY!!

3. Posted February 12, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

YouTube the dance! ;^) Is it really to Safety Dance somehow? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII That’d be freakish.

Posted February 12, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

No, I don’t think it’s the safety dance. I just got it stuck in my head, lol

also, someone else got a quick video of the tree form’s idle animation, dance, along with batmon form:

another one of old tree form vs new tree form dance:

• Posted February 13, 2011 at 8:25 am | Permalink

I believe it’s the Twist.

• Posted February 15, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

Hrm, I’ve got to say, I’ve seen better Twists before. Not nearly enough leg motion, and the new version is even worse.

Twist well done…

I say this as someone who went to a Chubby Checker concert. ;^)

The bat flight form is awfully cool, though. And seeing Deepholm with good hardware really has me jones’n for a new video card. /sigh

4. Posted February 13, 2011 at 8:24 am | Permalink

Okay, you’ve confirmed it. I MUST get the moonkin pet.

It would be cool if the animations carried over to old tree form, but I very highly doubt it.

Posted February 13, 2011 at 10:15 am | Permalink

well, in some cases, the new tree form animations are very similar to the old tree form animations.

I really like the moonkin pet. :)

5. Relissa
    Posted February 13, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

The one thing that bothers me:

First, they take away perma-Tree so that we could show off druid armor (among other reasons).

Now they’ve added animations to allow us to show off new-Tree?

6. Huga
    Posted February 14, 2011 at 12:16 am | Permalink

I think the question to ask is – you don’t use Glyph of the Treant?

Posted February 14, 2011 at 9:23 am | Permalink

I don’t like dead broccoli form.

7. Zy
    Posted February 14, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

Tauren/Night Elf/dead broccoli for life! ;) Altho I sure would love the blue/white coloring of the new treants in Winterspring. Those are purdy.

8. Octahedron
    Posted February 15, 2011 at 5:00 am | Permalink

I didn’t know they couldn’t fly with your mount/form, the one I got must of been trained by one of you guys cause it flew right out of the box. :O

Posted February 15, 2011 at 9:43 am | Permalink

maybe ’cause you got yours after 4.0.6? :)

9. Posted February 15, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

O-oh my goodness flying baby boomkin WANT. O_O

10. Posted February 17, 2011 at 12:45 am | Permalink

I thought I was the only one that has taken my mini-me on flying adventures!