Caster druid loot in 4.1

So, it looks like the ZA & ZG new 5-man instances coming in 4.1 have a lot of goodies in store for us (that is, if we can convince those pieces of gear to actually drop!). The epics are all ilevel 353.

Most important,  there are a set of bracers!

Somewhat disappointingly, all the leather caster items (INT gear) have crit on them, with crit as the least valuable stat for either resto or moonkin (ie. they will have crit + another stat). With being such a high item level, though, they will all certainly be upgrades to any blues you have from other heroic 5-mans, or even some of the other normal-mode 10/25-man raid gear. We can just reforge off some of the heavy amounts of crit they have (not that reforging makes up for non-optimal itemization).

To see the full loot list, head over to MMO-champion. I was going to list it all here, but since we don’t have locations yet, I think I’ll wait.

Blizzard also honored Fasc’s departure from the feral druid community with a set of agi leather shoes.

_______________

On an unrelated note, I wanted to take a moment to send out my support for all the WoW community members in Japan (or who have family/friends in Japan). I know that this blog is read by people all over the world, and my heart goes out to those who have been affected by the earthquakes in Japan this week.   *sends big hugs*

1. Verdus
    Posted March 11, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

As soon as I saw that there were leather caster bracers in the loot table, I knew, just knew, that they’d have crit polluting them. Seeing that it was true was disappointing, but not a surprise. Having every single piece similarly tainted was a surprise, though. Even most of the jewelry has it. Oh well, I suppose we can’t expect them to actually drop good loot in a mere five-man. /sigh

Posted March 11, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

It’ll give us some growing room for gear drops in firelands to be better, right? :)

• Verdus
        Posted March 11, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

That’s remarkably optimistic of you. :P

Besides, Firelands gear should compare favorably to the existing raid gear, not just intentionally sub-par heroic gear. Otherwise, it’ll be pretty much a wash compared to what we have now, and I don’t think anybody wants that.

• Deandre - Dalaran
          Posted March 11, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

But we’re still bracing for it, we know Blizzard and their itemization “quirks”.

2. Posted March 15, 2011 at 7:47 am | Permalink

Awesome! I am so excited to run ZA. I do not know what it is, but it is by far my favorite place in WoW!

3. Jilto
    Posted March 15, 2011 at 9:50 am | Permalink

Is anyone else annoyed that there is not a leather healer hat? I think that Atramedes drops one and Nefarian has the token for one, but that is it right?

I have never seen the one from Atramedes drop and we have yet to down Nefarian. And then when we do down him I will have to wait for every other Rogue, Mage, Death Knight and Druid to win their tokens.