It’s the little things…

So, I looked at the patch notes and realized how little they actually have to do to get me to be super excited about something in a patch. The latest patchnotes for 4.1 include:

A dead player can now be resurrected by targeting them using the Party or Raid Frame even if they have released. No more hunting for corpses.

Now, this is something that all healers have had to deal with for as long as I can remember having resurrection abilities – if someone released, they would either have to run back, or you would have to spend a lot of time (somewhat unsuccessfully) hunting for where their body was in the room to manually target it (that is, if the body didn’t disappear on you when you released, or wasn’t hidden under something).

Being able to resurrect people after they release seems like a little thing, but it’s a huge quality of life improvement and will save many people from future resurrection-related headaches.

When we get the Mass resurrection ability from the guild perk, the change they are making to resurrection targeting may or may not matter, but for now, I’m going to celebrate the little things – like being able to find people’s corpses after they release.

In this game, you have to celebrate small victories.  Oh, we also might not have to pop barkskin to protect tranquility while we channel it, but MMO-champion removed it from the patch note listing, so we may or may not get it… However, I’m more excited about the resurrection thing!

1. krel
    Posted March 10, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

If the Tranquility pushback change doesn’t lead directly to Barkskin becoming a tank damage mitigation cooldown I’ll be very surprised.

2. Posted March 10, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Very nice! I use rebirth all the time, and there have been times the only reason I didn’t use it was because I couldn’t find the darned corpse.

3. Atanae
    Posted March 10, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

From what I read, priests are also getting pushback immunity on their channeled healing spells, so I expect the Tranquility immunity to remain.

I also agree that this should lead to castable Barkskin, but that does not negate the fact that we need a much more robust high CD nuke heal. Simplest solution is to simply add healing to Nature’s Swiftness to turn Healing Touch into am insta-cast nuke heal and slap a big CD on it. I think they should leave Swiftmend alone (though I miss it being my emergency heal) only because it carries Efflorescence and I don’t think there is strategy in tying Efflorescence and a nuke heal to the same cast.

4. Geros (VeCo)
    Posted March 10, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

I wonder if the resurrection change will also keep a rez that’s half way through from failing if the target releases. Please say yes.

• Posted March 10, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

This is what I’m hoping, too. So annoying to get partway through a rez and see someone release -_-

5. Shaloxeroligon
    Posted March 11, 2011 at 6:44 am | Permalink

I would like to see this change to tranquility as well. That way I wouldn’t have to macro my barkskin into it. And it would let me save my barkskin for something more important, like a near-death experience.

As for the cooldown, what if they made Living Seed do that? Like instead of a heal, it could be a damage mitigation thing. Granted, it still only procs off of crits, but it could be redesigned so that it… works off of some other ability. Or we get another thing on our cast bars. Unsure.