MMO-champion is reporting that a patch tomorrow (Tues) is highly likely. Even if the patch doesn’t hit, it was still time to get my guides updated, anyway.
So, here’s what we have for 4.2:
- A new mastery replacing our previous mastery bonus, that changes how we heal. The change to mastery has a HUGE impact on how we heal (for AOE/raid healing, but less so for tank healing). I highly recommend you take the time to learn how the new mastery works. Please note that the calculation of HOT tick values is based on the spell power value when you first cast it, and HOT ticks do NOT dynamically update after you cast the HOT (a question people asked about a lot on the forums).The buff of Harmony is applied as a buff to you, not your target. In addition, you no longer need to “chase HOTs,” since you no longer get a benefit from following a HOT with another spell (I believe I repeat this part at least 10 times in the guide, lol).
- Critical Healing buff – Heals will now hit even harder when we crit (ie. increased from 150% of non-crit heals to 200% of non-crit heals), will be addressed in the stats & gearing section, but Crit will still be our weakest stat, since crit is less reliable than our other stats.
- Innervate now grants an ally target 5% of his or her maximum mana over 10 seconds, but still grants 20% of the druid’s maximum mana over 10 seconds when self-cast (meaning that innervate should now always be used on ourselves, and I will likely drop the innervate glyph in favor of… anything else). Some people will still recommend keeping the innervate glyph, but I really just don’t see the point.
- The buff from Omen of Clarity stays active a little bit longer.
Restokin’s 4.2 Healing Resources:
- Blog version of my healing guide updated for the patch
- New forum sticky (replaces the old guide), with plenty of space for people to post on the new thread!
- Harmony mastery post
Other Resto druid resources for 4.2: