I was able to glean a tiny bit of information from the news sources to focus on what we all care about the most….
- Glyph of Stars:Transforms your Moonkin Form into Astral Form. This glyph essentially makes your character appear as a spirit instead of a moonkin. You look very nearly like you do while dead — but people can see you this time. And your armor, for that matter.
- Glyph of the Orca: Transforms your Aquatic Form into an orca. This one is pretty straightforward. Remember those orcas in Northrend? Yeah. Much better than your weird snarling rubbery seal.
- Glyph of the Chameleon:Gives you a random appearance when you shift into Bear or Cat Form. Essentially, this one gives you a random coloring every time you shift. Great for breaking up the monotony of locked-in bear/cat coloring.
- Glyph of the Stag:Transforms your Travel Form into a stag that other players can mount. Yes, that’s right. Your pals can ride you while you’re in Travel Form, and you’re also a stag instead of the clearly-inferior cheetah.
- Glyph of the Treant: Allows you to shapeshift into Treant Form. The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of movement slowing effects. (Confirmed: This is indeed your perma-tree back! From Blizzplanet: This is an actual form on your skill bar you can choose and walk around in your leisure at. It has nothing to do with the Tree of Life spell.”)
- Glyph of the Moonbeast: You can now cast Healing Touch, Rejuvenation, and Tranquility without canceling Moonkin Form. This essentially turns me into the restokin I’ve always wanted to be. lol.
And honestly, if they did nothing else, we’d all buy an expansion just for these, right? I mean, people have been trying to mount my travel form for so many years, I don’t even remember. Want a ride? Sure, hop on my back! Hate the outdated sealform? Then be an orca! You miss perma-tree? Okay here you go!
I had to be awake at 3:00 AM (running on 4:30 AM) to bring you these things, since I didn’t get to do the press event myself. So, I’m a little bit totally exhausted. When my reading comprehension abilities kick in sometime later today, I’ll start doing more analysis of the other piles of data released across all the various fansites (wowinsider, wowhead, etc). I’m pretty sure, however, that the news you really wanted was about perma-tree form. lol.
The glyph I’m the least happy about is definitely glyph of stars. It basically just gives you some version of shadow form. It’s not really a shapeshift at all. I would have preferred an updated moonkin form or some way to customize your actual moonkin form. This glyph isn’t shadow-moonkin. It’s NO moonkin, just yourself (seeing your gear) in a shadowy form. Taking the moonkin out of balance druids just feels like the wrong approach. Something that enhanced how moonkin looked (while not just using a modified priest shadow form) would have been way better.
NOTE: The mmo-champion description of Glyph of Stars is wrong. Astral Form is your humanoid form with a ghosting effect so you can see your transmog gear.
However, for resto druids, perma-tree form is like the best news ever.
Info on the actual glyphs from this post comes from copy/pastes of all the various wowinsider, wowhead, & Blizzplanet news info I could find about the new forms.