New travel form graphics for MOP

So, in the latest beta, the un-glyphed travel form is now the new Stag form with updated graphics (see video on mmo-champion). I was really excited to get into beta and try it out. Apparently, other people were excited, too.

It looks like we may end up with a glyph for being able to have your friends ride stag form and the datamined files suggest there may be a future glyph for being able to use your old cheetah form, though neither glyph is functional in the current beta build.

I just wish it went faster so that I could use this instead of ground mounts in MOP!

1. Posted July 20, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

Awesome pic, can’t wait for my druid to get it :)

2. Threa
    Posted July 20, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

It is such a beautiful model. I can only hope we’ll see an updated model for Moonkin form soon. I wonder if they would be willing to add a mechanic that allowed Travel Form to ride at the fastest ground mount speed while out of combat and switch to the current (normal) speed when in combat or when holding a flag.

3. Jeff
    Posted July 20, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

One glyph for a passenger. One glyph for 100% ground speed. One glyph for old-style Cheetah. I could get behind that. Screw the passenger, I’m a stag, baby!

4. Fnordoz
    Posted July 22, 2012 at 9:40 am | Permalink

The travel form icon has been a cloven hoof since vanilla, this must have been the plan all along.

5. Posted July 23, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Sorry — a little out of the loop thanks to RL.

* So the cheetah is gone sans glyph? This is the form for every race & faction?
    * Noticed that glyph of the cheetah says, “Can only be cast out of combat”. Can we not run away from mobs we’ve engaged now? I’ve been alting a rogue, and laugh every time I aggro two or more, turn, and run… ever… so… slowly… to… my… death.

So is travel forming from a mob toast?

* That jump animation looks like it should break the stag’s spine every time.

Btw, Lissana, congrats on the defense.

• Posted July 23, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Stag: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/115034-stag-form
      So that looks okay in combat.

Cheetah: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/131151-the-cheetah
      Interesting. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong thing.

Posted July 24, 2012 at 9:29 am | Permalink

The cheetah glyph is NYI (not yet implemented), so there isn’t any actual text on it yet. I think the “out of combat” part only refers to learning glyphs and not to the spell effect of what cheetah form would do, since there isn’t a spell effect for cheetah. So, we’re going to have to wait until they actually implement it in a future patch.