Now that 5.2 is here, there is a lot of angst and worry happening in the mage forum. For me to be able to go to the community managers with mage problems, I need data. I’ve done this type of thing before when I was raiding on a druid, but now that I’m raiding as a frost mage, I have a great deal invested in mages being viable now.
To be able to take data to the community managers & developers, I need actual World of Log data from your raids. So, I’m collecting log data and general feedback from the community. I think that collecting context for the logs is actually more important than just the log rankings alone. The original post is available on the US forums here. You can post responses directly on the forum posts or leave a comment on the blog (which is especially helpful for EU readers). There is also someone who cross-posted on the EU forums, so EU players can post there.
Specifically, it would be helpful if you filled out the answers to the following questions and posted it here:
Part 1: Show me the Mage numbers:
1) What is your current 5.2 specialization?
2) What type of content have you run in 5.2 (5-mans, solo, LFR, 10-normal, 25-normal, etc)?
3) Link(s) to 5.2 raid logs on your mage (even LFR logs are useful):
4) Did you change specializations for 5.2? If you changed specs for 5.2, what spec were you before?
5) Is your ilevel generally around the same range as your other raid members from the logs you posted? If not, are you over-geared or under-geared compared to the other members of your raid?
Part 2: How are you feeling about your mage?
6) What is your average ilevel?
7) What quality of life problems are you seeing with your current specialization?
8) If you changed specializations, why did you change?
9) Overall, how do you feel about your current spec’s movement damage?
10) Overall, how do you feel about your current spec’s stand-still damage?
11) Overall, how do you feel about your current spec’s utility in raids?
12) If you could change one thing to improve your current spec, what would it be?