Blizzcon 2013 Opening Ceremony Announcement Recap
- New World of Warcraft expansion is the Warlords of Draenor.
- “when you think about all that history, all that context, a really interesting question comes to mind… What if those dark days could come again? What if a pantheon of the most viscious villans of Warcraft could threaten our homes, our ways of life again?”
- “The conflict to come will be the alliance’s finest hour”
- Horde “A chance to redefine yourselves in this brave new world”
- “There will be much heroism for all”
Expansion cinematic reveal:
- Past and the present collide
- “A rising tide of blood and iron that will wash over this world”
- New world: Draenor
- Build and upgrade your garrison
- level cap raised to 100
- Upgraded new character models
- New dungeons, raids, world PVP zone. New items and rewards.
- Hundreds of new quests
- Level boost to 90 to get you started: “Boost to 90 and play immediately”. “Come play with your friends right away.” You can boost any one character to level 90 (either a brand new character OR your existing character you haven’t played in a while).
- No new races or classes announced in the cinematic that we could see. More announcements to come in the next panel.
Additional updates: Garrosh will escape before he can get punished. He travels back in time to Draenor to try and prevent the horde from drinking the demon blood and becoming corrupted.