Happy patch day! The pre-patch for Legion brings with it major class changes as well as other important game changes to be aware of. Here are some resources and other tips to help get you started! There is also a Discord for druids, where you can ask questions and chat with hundreds of other druids.
General updates for all druids.
- Cat form, moonkin form, bear form, sea lion swimming travel form all got skin updates to their base textures.
- Glyph system was changed. All major glyphs are gone. Minor cosmetic glyphs still exist, in the form of either glyphs applied to spells OR tomes that let you learn new spells. The glyphs (Such as Glyph of Stars) can be made by vendors and applied to your existing spells.
- The Tomes are available in MOONGLADE during the pre-patch month (find Lorelae Wintersong)! This includes: Nature’s Beacon Tome of the Wilds: Treant Form Tome of the Wilds: Stag Form Tome of the Wilds: Track Beasts Tome of the Wilds: Flap Tome of the Wilds: Charm Woodland Creature
- They got rid of dual-spec as a feature. Instead, you can freely change between all 4 specializations. Note that keeping up with 4 artifact weapons in Legion is likely to be difficult, especially early in the expansion.
- They changed the max camera distance, and changed the Camera Interface option. Go into Interface -> Camera and set “Max Camera Distance” slider to “Far”.
- The new transmog system is live. All your gear is learned to the transmog system so you can dump all your old gear instead of hoarding it. You also enable/disable your helm/cloak in the transmog system tab. Need to interact with a transmog NPC still to use the transmog system.
- I also fully updated the 1 to 100 leveling guide here on Restokin & also on the official wow forums.
Due to the major class changes, here is a compilation of all the available guides to help you navigate the druid class changes!
Restoration Druid Guides
- Pre-patch resto survival guide on Restokin.
- Full 110 healing guide on Restokin (also posted on the official WOW forums).
- Restoration Wowhead guide by Lavathing.
Balance Druid Guides
- Pre-patch balance survival guide on Restokin.
- Balance 110 guide on the official forums by Cyous.
- Balance wowhead guide by Bologna.
Feral Druid Guides
- Feral Wowhead Guide by Tinderhoof.
- Xanzara’s feral guide & FAQ post.
- The Fluid Druid forums are still fairly active, even though Alaron isn’t playing right now.
Guardian Druid Guides