So, when I got my leveling guide ready for 4.0.1, it wasn’t complete. I didn’t have a tank leveling build ready to go on release date. Since then, I’ve gotten tank leveling questions from multiple people. So, over the weekend, I finally got together the tank leveling talent spec and posted it on the blog. I also posted the tank talents on the forum version of the guide.
I still have a lot more work to do for the leveling guide, for sure.
One piece of advice I am getting from low-level druids is that thorns is doing a lot of damage right now for balance-spec (caster) druids when things are hitting you. Thorns is a spell you learn at level 6. So, if you are leveling up a druid right now, remember that thorns will do a lot of damage to something that is beating up on you with melee damage. You can’t cast thorns in bear or cat form, BUT you could potentially cast it on yourself before you pull when you are soloing (though note that it doesn’t last very long). Thanks to all the druids who contacted me to let me know how good thorns is now!
IMPORTANT NOTICE about bugs in 4.0.1 via Sunfyre @ Sunfyre’s nest:
“Many people experienced problems with training mastery, where training mastery did not infact GIVE you mastery. (The spellbook still said to go see your trainer). I (Sunfyre) figured out a way to make it work, using the following method. I suggest you do the same just as a precaution.
When you first load into 4.0, before you talent, head to Moonglade. At the trainer, learn mastery and leather specialization before any other ability.”
So, we have confirmation from mmo-champion that tomorrow is patch day, with about 99% certainty. To help you get ready for patch day, the blogging community has been working hard at writing guides to help you through this confusing transition period. Just remember one thing…
On this blog, I have two guides available for your patch day viewing pleasure:
Moonkin resources for 4.0.1 (talents, glyphs, gems, etc)
Feral druid resources for 4.0.1 (talents, glyphs, gems, etc):
Restoration druid resources for 4.0.1:
For other classes, see this resource list at Jaded alt!
Epic Raid Warning podcast Roundtable!
The Raid Warning podcast roundable is finally up! Listen to a great podcast while you wait for the servers to come back up!
Hey everyone, I started updating my leveling guide in preparation for the 4.0.1 patch.
I have updated several of the leveling guide pages on my blog:
Still need to do:
- I have not finished the tanking leveling spec. I hope to get to this “soon” after 4.0.1 hits.
- On the talents & abilities page, I need to add in more information for moonkin druid leveling spells & such.
- I need to add Cataclysm links into the FAQ page (which never happens until after patch day)
- On the additional advice & gearing page, I need to write the “additional advice” section, including glyphs and other important info.
- I also need to improve the formatting on all sections of the guide and add links in some places, which will probably happen after I post it on the forums and everything else is ready to go.
- Finish editing & fix typos – This is still a draft version right now and I know that not everything is ready to go yet. I wanted to finish what had been done so far, since mmo-champion is still predicting patch day to be Tuesday the 12th.
So, there are a couple things that I have going on that I wanted to post updates about:
- Preparing for the 4.0.1 patch (for both moonkin & resto druids)! This weekend, I hope to post about things like glyphs & gems that you should be acquiring before patch day hits. Not all of the glyphs will be available on patch day, but you will be able to set up with a temporary glyph set to get you started.
- Both my healing and leveling guides will need a facelift the day that 4.0.1 hits the shelves. I will have something in place on release day, but neither will be a full guide, and the guides will stop at level 80 content. So, I will have a guide tailored to level 80 healing with the new talents (mostly with an explanation of what changed and how to deal with the new changes at 80 before mana becomes a problem). I will also have something resembling a 1 to 80 leveling guide ready to go at that point which will receive frequent updates as I have time and we get closer to Cata’s release.
- Prior to cata’s release, I will get leveling guide updated for all 3 specs from 80 to 85 ready to go (along with probably getting the resto/bear instance healing/tanking leveling stuff ready to go, which won’t make it in for my 4.0 leveling guide). I will release a complete version for 85 resto healing after Cataclysm hits the shelves and we see how people are actually healing, and what the raid mechanics actually look like.
- I believe that WoW is going to be migrating to new a new forum format, where we will have to start from scratch by re-posting all of our guides and such. Blizzard has done a WoW forum migration once before in previous patches, and has put Starcraft on the new forum format already. They haven’t announced anything about this lately, but I’m still anticipating the move. My leveling guide will likely move to the new forums first, and then the healing guide will follow after I get the leveling guide set up. All guides will also be cross-posted on the blog, and the blog will contain more updates as we work our way through the transition.
- Oh, and this month is also Blizzcon, which I’ll be watching from home (since I didn’t get tickets). I’ll report on any big druid announcements over that weekend.
Now that you know my plan for the next ~3 months… I have a fun announcement! I’m planning on joining a bunch of my fellow druids in recording a Druid Roundtable podcast with the Raid Warning Podcast this NEXT weekend. (Date postponed another week...) There will be resto, feral, and moonkin druids. The lineup of people they sent the contact e-mails out to was a rather large list of big druid names from the community. We’ll be recording segments over this weekend, and they plan to release the podcast to everyone on Tuesday, the 5th in mid-October. I’ll let you guys know when it is posted, and will give you links and more info at that point. It won’t be recorded live due to how complicated it will be for the Raid Warning crew to coordinate so many different schedules.
Prior to the podcast, we’re supposed to ask for questions that people want answered. So, if you have a burning question you want discussed by the druid roundtable, you are welcome to put it in a comment to this post. You can also follow @RaidWarning on Twitter, and send your questions directly to them. In addition, if you are on twitter and are not following me (@restokin), you are also missing out on all my fun beta testing rants!
That’s all I have for now. Oh, and ontop of all of this, I’m supposed to be sending my advisor a draft of my dissertation proposal by the end of the weekend. Oh joy!