Feral Leveling Abilities and Rotations (6.0)
Cat form When you shift into cat form, you now do melee damage and you get a new set of abilities that you can only use in cat form. You can change the color of your cat form by visiting a barber shop in cities such as Orgrimar and Stormwind.
Some key feral lower level abilities:
- 6: Cat form (you can now shift into a cat, dealing melee damage)
- 6: Shred: Causes physical damage and awards a combo point. Does more damage if in stealth mode (e.g., used as an opening move). Does more damage if the target is bleeding (e.g., after level 10 when you get Rake).
- 6: Ferocious bite: Use this finishing move when you have 5 combo points (your combo points now transfer to new targets!).
- 6: Prowl: You move slightly slower but you are hard to see (Use this before you engage so that your opening shred hits harder).
- 10: Rake: your target bleeds, ticks for damage over time & awards one combo point.
- 10: Tiger’s fury: Increases your damage done and gives you 60 energy. This is a nice cooldown to kill things faster.
- 18: Savage Roar: Another finishing move. Increases your damage done (based on number of combo points). Helpful in longer fights where the buff won’t be wasted.
- 20: Rip: Finishing move. Puts a bleed on the target that ticks over 24 sec (only helpful for fights where your target dies slowly).
- 22: Swipe: Does AOE damage to multiple targets. Use when fighting more than 2 targets. Does more damage to bleeding targets.
- 28: Thrash: Applies an AOE damage bleed to multiple targets. Use before you spam swipe.
Feral leveling rotation:
Level 1 thru 5: Use wrath & moonfire to deal damage to your enemies.
Rotation hints after level 6: Rake your target, then shred until 5 combo points and ferocious bite. You can also use prowl before you attack to increase the damage on your opening move (e.g., you would open with a shred, then rake, then back to shred).
Agility is the primary stat for feral druids while gearing up at earlier levels. Most other secondary stats (besides spirit or bonus armor) will benefit cat druids while leveling. In general, you should prefer higher item level things.
Glyphs: coming soon