How to heal as a 110 restoration druid in Legion.
This is an introduction to healing as a restoration druid. This is written at a beginner/intermediate level. Druids looking for advanced help should look at the additional resource links provided (coming soon!). This is a preliminary guide for level 110 resto druids based on beta testing. For a quick overview for level 100, please see the basic 7.0 survival guide.
7.0 Major Changes for resto druids
New Mastery: Harmony
- The Draenor mastery ability was removed & replaced with a new mastery for Legion.
- This new mastery instead increases your healing done by ALL spells for each HOT on your target (e.g., rejuv, lifebloom, wild growth, regrowth’s HOT portion). So, having 2 HOTs on the target will heal more than 1 HOT on the target. Then, 3 HOTs heal for more than 2 HOTs, and so forth.
Spell and Ability Changes
- Nature’s Swiftness, mark of the wild, soothe, and genesis are gone.
- Dramatically reduced access to baseline off-role damage/utility abilities (NOTE: see the section on level 45 affinity talents for how you can get access to damage abilities for soloing via talents!).
- Cyclone: Now only available as a PVP talent at 110.
- Most “major” glyphs have been removed (instead, these effects have been baked into abilities, changed into talents, or removed).
- Innervate has returned. Now allows all spells cast for 10 seconds to be mana-free (usable on yourself or others).
- Revitalize: This is now a mass resurrection spell available to healers. Returns all raid or party members out of combat (revive is 1 person out of combat, rebirth is 1 person in combat). This basically replaces Mass Res, which was taken away from non-healers.
- Swiftmend: longer cooldown & larger effect. Swiftmend also no longer requires a HOT for you to be able to cast the spell (though due to interactions with the new mastery, HOTs on the target will make it heal for more).
- Teleport Moonglade: Will eventually be replaced with Dreamwalking as you level in Legion (gives you access to a larger set of portals to various places).
- Efflorescence: Wild Mushroom has been renamed Efflorescence – place a mushroom on the ground to heal targets standing nearby.
- Lifebloom is no longer refreshed by direct heals.
Note that minor glyphs (largely impacting cosmetic appearances) are still available as either glyphs or tomes. You apply minor glyphs to the spells themselves, or learn shapeshift forms such as tree form, rather than using the old glyph system.
Table of contents (Click on links to view pages!):