3. Tank and raid healing advice– (Updated 5/20/2013 for 5.3)
General healing advice:
- Use ironbark on your tank during times where the tank is taking heavy damage – remember that you should coordinate this some with your other healers and the tanks.
- Roll 3x lifebloom on a single tank. You can use direct heals (regrowth, nourish, or HT) to refresh lifebloom on your tank or refresh it directly with lifebloom. You can swap your 3x stack to another tank during tank-swap fights.
- Swiftmend works well as an emergency direct heal to save someone from dying, similar to how we use Nature’s Swiftness + Healing touch. This also works well for activating your harmony mastery. Since you should take the glyph that moves Efflorescence to your healing shrooms, this should no longer have an AOE attached to it.
- Put Rejuvenation on your tanks and use rejuvenation on light to medium-wounded targets in your raid group. Genesis allows you to get more burst healing out of your rejuv. If you hit a burst damage phase, genesis can help save the raid, especially in 10-mans where you have fewer targets to sustain rejuv on. Genesis is not quite as good if your raid is taking light but sustained damage, since your rejuv duration is shorter and will prevent blanketing as many people. There is still some debate over what situations are best for blanketing versus genesis, but it is better to use genesis sparingly and not rotationally.
- You can also use rejuv proactively to try to get several rejuvs sprinkled around the raid group on people likely to be taking damage in the near future (and to set up who you may want to swiftmend). Also, since the value of HOTs are determined by the buffs when they are cast, if your mastery falls off, it won’t affect remaining ticks on HOTs you have already cast. Your rejuvenation over-healing now increases the amount of healing done by wild mushrooms, so it isn’t as bad to put it on high-health targets now if you are using shrooms.
- Use wild growth as often as you can afford to depending on your mana.
- The new version of healing shroom is quite nice. You should place this somewhere that 3 or more people are standing (if possible) so that you can get the full effect of Efflorescence (you should really have the glyph). You only have one mushroom, but that mushroom saves the rejuv overhealing if you move it. So, place it where people are NOW (not where they will be later), and then move it when the group moves. You can always move it and get the full healing bloom on a stack point for burst healing when needed.
- Tranquility is also nice to use for heavy burst phases, since you should get several uses per boss fight during heavy AOE times. This is especially true for 25-mans, where your tranquility now scales with raid size.
- You won’t use much in the way of direct single-target heals for this role, since your frequent swiftmend casts should provide most of the direct healing you need, but there are fight-specific mechanics that require or favor direct heals. Regrowth works well with OOC procs if you take the regrowth glyph.