6. Stats & Gear
Overview. In general, all the stat weights for Resto are pretty close and what is ‘best’ changes based on a lot of different factors. In general, your highest ilevel gear is a good starting point, since intellect is a good stat.
For level 110, personalizing stats to your own current gear using various available tools to do so is preferable to using generic stat weights.
For Raiding or Mythic+ keys, Calculate your own stat priority using helpful tools.
The tools for calculating your own personal stat weights change periodically, so your best bet is to check the current links in Resto Pins on the dreamgrove discord.
Since healing tends to be weird and hard to simulate, it’s sometimes easier to base your stat weights around your A) own current gear and B) own personal spell usage. This is also why it is basically impossible to tell you what stats are “best”, particularly for raiding. So, we use things like weak auras and spreadsheets to personalize our stat weights.
- RDSW (Resto Druid Stat Weights) is a real time analysis tool (made by Manaleaf). The Weak Aura attempts to calculate stat weights for Resto Druids based on playing game content with this weak aura string imported into the game. This requires the Weak Aura addon.
- Twig It is a spreadsheet tool by Torty that helps you create your own stat priority. Make sure you read the instructions tab on the spreadsheet. You have to enter things like your own character stats, artifact traits, buffs, and spell distributions for fights. There is both an excel version (updated for 7.2.5) and a google docs version (updated for 7.2.5).
Generic stats for beginner 5-man group content:
- Int > Mastery > haste = crit > versatility.
For beginner 5-man groups, mastery should typically come out ahead of all other stats, particularly for beginner druids. This is due to the increased ability to stack HOTs on multiple people fairly reliably. For people who are not raiding or doing “high” Mythic+ keys, you can pretty safely just go with prioritizing ilevel first, followed by mastery. If you use PAWN, this generic string can work for this type of beginner 5-man content where personalizing stats probably won’t matter all that much.
- ( Pawn: v1: “Resto [GENERIC]”: Intellect=1, Versatility=0.7, HasteRating=0.8, MasteryRating=0.9, CritRating=0.8, Stamina=0.01 )
- There are no relevant stat caps.
- At 100% haste it loses some value, as you are GCD capped (32500 haste) At 100% crit you no longer gain a higher chance to crit (33250 crit rating).
What trinkets, legendaries, and such should I use?
Check the #resto channel pins on the Dreamgrove discord server for relevant up-to-date trinket advice, as this tends to shift and change a lot.