6. Stats & Gear
Basic Resto stat priority:
Stat Priority (subject to change): Intellect (higher ilevel is always better) > Spirit (On accessories such as rings and necklaces only) > Haste (there are NO breakpoints) > Mastery > Multi-strike > Crit > Versatility (if you see something with “bonus armor”, that’s a tank item).
Stat descriptions & more details:
- Stamina – Increases your health. This will be on all your gear, but it’s not super important.
- Intellect – Increases your spell power. This is your primary stat on gear. Intellect is important enough that higher ilevel pieces are almost always worth picking up. Note that some gear you find will have agility grayed-out on it as you level closer to 100; this is because your primary stat now swaps with you if you swap into feral/guardian spec.
- Spirit – Increases your mana regen. This is only available on accessories such as rings and necklaces. Your main gear (chest, boots, etc) will not have spirit on it.
- Haste– Makes your spells cast faster and lowers the global cooldown. They changed how HOTs scale with haste, such that you get a linear benefit (e.g., no more breakpoints) to the increase in number of ticks (e.g., a ‘partial tick’ is always paid out in the end).
- Mastery– Increases your direct healing, as well as the effectiveness of your Harmony buff that makes your HOTs stronger.
- Crit– Your direct heals and HOT ticks can all score critical strikes. In addition, your direct heals can apply living seed. Generally a weaker stat for resto druids.
- Multi-strike- Your direct heals and HOTs have a chance to heal for a bonus amount on your primary target. These bonus effects are at 30% effectiveness of the main heal.
- Versatility- Increases both damage and healing done, as well as reduces the damage you take. This ‘hybrid’ stat is slightly less effective at providing main-role bonuses than other stats.
Other gear augmentations: There is a chance for you to get items with various types of augmentations (though it would be highly unlikely to have more than one augmentation). These augmentations include: Warforged (higher item level), extra sockets (as sockets will be more rare), and tertiary stats (see below).
Tertiary Stats: Some gear has a small chance to roll random tertiary stats at level 100. These will have relatively minor impacts, and will not be frequently available. If you get tertiary stats on your gear, any of them have decent bonuses.
- Movement Speed: increases your movement speed
- Indestructible: Item does not take durability damage
- Leech: You are healed for a portion of damage/healing done.
- Avoidance: you take less damage from area-of-effect attacks.