6. Stats & Gear (Updated for 5.3 on 5/20/2013)
Basic Resto stat priority:
Int > Spirit (until you have enough regen) > Haste to breakpoint (see breakpoint chart) > Mastery > Crit
Level 90 Haste breakpoint chart: http://wtsheals.com/level-90-druid-healing-guide/
- Highlighted Important breakpoint for level 90: 3043.
- Between breakpoints, mastery is better. The 5320 breakpoint (and beyond) is currently difficult to achieve, and worth going mastery (that benefits all spells) over haste (that only benefits some spells) past 3043.
Stat descriptions & more details:
- Stamina – Base stat (primary stats can’t be reforged) – increases your health. This will be on all your gear, but it’s not super important.
- Int – Base stat (primary stats can’t be reforged) – Increases your spell power. This is your primary stat on gear. You no longer get any effect on your mana pool size or mana regen from INT. However, INT is important enough that higher ilevel pieces are almost always worth picking up, regardless of the secondary stats.
- Spirit – (secondary stat can be reforged) – Increases your mana regen. When you choose the resto talent tree, you gain more passive regen from spirit while “in combat”. While Int is still a better stat overall, you will want to pick up enough spirit that you aren’t running OOM before the end of a fight.
- Haste- (can be reforged) – Makes your cast time spells (ie. regrowth, HT, nourish) cast faster. Also makes the time between the ticks of your HOTs faster (You will gain additional HOT ticks with enough haste), and lowers the global cooldown (up to the 1 second). You want to gear to important HOT breakpoints (see http://wtsheals.com/level-90-druid-healing-guide/ ). In between breakpoints, mastery is better.
- Mastery – (Can be reforged) - See section 2 for detailed information on what mastery does. This is the stat you should focus on between HOT break-points, since it will buff the majority of healing you do. This is a good stat for resto druids because it impacts all of our heals.
- Crit- (can be reforged) – Your direct heals and HOT ticks can all score critical strikes now. This is still our weakest stat at the moment.
- Spell power (can’t be reforged) – This stat is mostly only available on weapons, and maybe a few outdated enchants.
Reforging– You can turn up to 40% of a secondary stat into 40% another secondary stat. You can only reforge a stat into something that is not already on the item. If spirit is not on the item and you need more regen, then reforge the least desirable stat into spirit. In general, you want to reforge crit into a different stat, since crit is our worst stat. You want to use reforging to help you reach an appropriate haste breakpoint and then reforge to mastery after that point.